• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone please remind me, why do we think Harris is prepping? Every open source that I've seen has suggested his size could help him see the field this year, even after the injury.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please remind me, why do we think Harris is prepping? Every open source that I've seen has suggested his size could help him see the field this year, even after the injury.

Doesn't look like he will qualify.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So even with the signed LOI, they're fair game to go elsewhere once they start prepping? I really like Harris, I think he's the one that will be a pure NFL caliber running back from the get-go, losing him would be a big blow.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Six guys won't prep. Those are just possibilities I know three likely will, none of which are going anywhere.

I didn't explain myself very clearly...my bad.

What I meant to say is that out of every 3 or 4 Tech recruits who prep, we lose 1 because they fail to qualify.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So even with the signed LOI, they're fair game to go elsewhere once they start prepping? I really like Harris, I think he's the one that will be a pure NFL caliber running back from the get-go, losing him would be a big blow.

A signed LOI is good for one year. Here are a few situations to consider:

**A recruit who signs an LOI with Tech and ends up qualifying after a semester at prep school is locked in with Tech.

**A recruit who signs an LOI with Tech and fails to qualify after one or two semesters at prep school is essentially released from his LOI.

**A recruit who does not sign an LOI with Tech and preps is free to go anywhere he wants.

Once in a while, Tech will not require a signed LOI because they're trying to make the scholarship numbers work without committing an NCAA violation by exceeding 25 signees in a class or the total scholarship limit of 85 players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAE,

FTR, I misspoke as well, some of the guys are grey shirting and not necessarily prepping. I think that only two are actually in qualifying trouble. The others are just taking the extra semester to get more prepared physically like Farris and Alford did.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TAE,

FTR, I misspoke as well, some of the guys are grey shirting and not necessarily prepping. I think that only two are actually in qualifying trouble. The others are just taking the extra semester to get more prepared physically like Farris and Alford did.

Oh! That's a much better situation! Thanks!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it ACC standards or VT standards that is preventing these guys from qualifying? If VT has this much trouble every year, how does Duke ever find enough players to field a squad?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it ACC standards or VT standards that is preventing these guys from qualifying? If VT has this much trouble every year, how does Duke ever find enough players to field a squad?

And this is why Duke is Duke.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Recruiting the high school chess clubs has to be an interesting change of pace.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harris probably has the most upside of any recruit VT got last year. It figures that there's a chance he'll go elsewhere. This is why VT should move to the SEC so they can let anyone in like LSU genius Claiborne