• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda Off Topic but the best bathroom on campus was in the first floor of Randolph. It had a window and hardly anyone knew of it since it was through a door and off the main hallway. When ever I had lunch at D2 I would walk straight there. Just in time too. Privacy, and a nice view.

I went to the alumni hotel when need be. I also used to go eat breakfast there for free. They had a buffet for guests and didn't care. Now that is a grad student center, I think....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we buck the trend this year and this class finishes off with a bang. Our new coaches are hitting the road hard and bringing a lot of energy with them. There are three major targets left on the board, and I say we sweep them. Also, add in a late one here or there (Deloatch) and we are happy moving in to 2013.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any concerns about Caleb's ability to contribute right away? I know he wasn't a WR in high school

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any concerns about Caleb's ability to contribute right away? I know he wasn't a WR in high school

:noidea:

He will be given as much of a chance as any. As Luther Maddy proved this season, anyone who plays out in the Spring and Summer will get on the field.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Odds on him staying 5 years are probably slim if he's as good as he should be so just play him. Probably won't contribute much next year with the 3 seniors ahead of him but it'd get some rookie jitters out of the way for when VT will really need WRs to step up in 2013.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats always a possibility but it seems to be much less of one at that position (WR). If he turns out to be VERY special (Someone like AJ Green, J Jones, Blackmon, Jeffrey, Watkins) then if we get a couple VERY productive years out of him, then I am happy. The trend at VT (and elsewhere) seems to be above average QB's, RB's, CB's, and LB's (defense in general) coming out early. I am more worried about LT going early than any WR on the roster, now or future. That IMO is why we need a really good QB this year, and I think we will get one. IF he has a BLOW up year, I dont see it being a total stretch for Thomas leaving at the end of this season. I think it is doubtful at this point, but far from impossible.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see LT leaving early. He hasn't played QB long enough to make the jump after 2 years of playing. He will be around as a Sr i believe.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean generally the injury factor isn't as compelling as it is with a RB (regarding a QB entering the draft), but with the style Logan Thomas plays I could see it happening. Hodges is really crucial I think going forward, Leal could suffice for a year or two though I think.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VTFF - is the good news the walk-on that I'm hearing about or still to come?? I'd really like to know how far off in the horizon our good news is! Thanks for the info as always.

(BTW, I really don't think we'll see any WR's leave VT in less than 4 years... That takes numbers that VT doesn't put up in the passing game)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with the Walk-Ons but the best is yet to come. Scholarship athletes.