• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Violating my own rule here.....

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Wednesday, it's time to focus on this Sunday's opponent rather than looking at the past game. However, KOMO linked this letter to the editor from the S.F. Chronicle. Pure comedy....

Letters to the editor, Sept. 17 - SFGate

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Regent posted that in the 12 man loudest thread below,freaking nutty

Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle
Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Judy Spelman, Rich Schiller,

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with the game but i doubt most Niner fans feel the way these imbecile's do.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Seattle fans wear hearing protection when they go to the games? I know i wouldn't go to a game is Seattle without hearing protection and i'd definitely make sure my kid had hearing protection.

Oh yea, the people that are complaining about the noise level in Seattle are just being babies because they didn't think of a way to make their stadium louder first like Seattle did, so ignore they cry babies.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: LMAO!

Judy's vag is def sore.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Seattle fans wear hearing protection when they go to the games? I know i wouldn't go to a game is Seattle without hearing protection and i'd definitely make sure my kid had hearing protection.

Oh yea, the people that are complaining about the noise level in Seattle are just being babies because they didn't think of a way to make their stadium louder first like Seattle did, so ignore they cry babies.

There is signs posted that hearing protection is advised.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the double post. I did a "quick" check to see if it was already on this forum. In response to Rave 2001, I have never worn hearing protection (go to 1 game a year on average) until this past Sunday. Glad I did it. I took one of my plugs out just to hear the noise and I quickly replaced it. I have to say, I can't recall it EVER being that loud. I'll let the season ticket holders give the final say on this though.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see a lot of earplugs in the stands, especially for the kids but a lot of fans just take the ear ringing the next day as part of the experience!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah my head was ringing after one game i recall with the booze and noise level it takes a toll.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see a lot of earplugs in the stands, especially for the kids but a lot of fans just take the ear ringing the next day as part of the experience!

I never wear earplugs, but lots of opposing fans seem to...