• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

View from the Ox Box - Calgary 10/21

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly loss last night. Kings don't look at all like a Stanley Cup contender right now to me. Far too many turnovers last night, especially in their own zone. Also turned the puck over numerous times to kill offensive rushes. I guess you have to give some credit to Calgary's pressure defense but there are far too many times it's just a terrible decision by the puck carrier. Holding the puck too long or just flat out making a bad pass attempt. I saw a lot of passes hit skates instead of sticks. Pretty much kills any rush up the ice.

All that and what happened to the penalty killers? 3 goals on 6 power plays? Gotta stay out of the box. Although I thought the last call on Kopitar was iffy. He barely touched the guy's hands with his stick and he falls down? Looked very much like a dive to me even though Daryl Evans said on the radio during "Kings Talk" that it looked like the Flames player got his feet stuck along the boards and went down. Bad call (especially at that time in a tied game) but good teams fight through those adversities and kill that penalty. The Kings almost did that but then Greene didn't clear the puck when he had the chance. End of story. On to the next one Thursday night.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Ox....

The penalty on Kopitar had nothing to do with the guy going down, the replay clearly showed Kopitar's stick in the mid section, and they have been pretty consistent on calling that. Timing sucked.

I gotta give credit to Calgary on this one, I think teams are just getting better, and the Kings better wake up. :gaah:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings took way too many penalties and the PK suffered by it - pretty simple

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the worst game they have played. Not happy with a loss but the effort and chances were there.
Kopi Carter and even Stoll need to net some and come playoff time the Kings will be there.