• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Cruz

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CRUZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Sit your a$$ down boy!!

By far the most overrated player in the league today, IMO. He killed several drives last night, and this is not a new phenomena. He's prone to make occasional crucial drops in games. There are some non-bias Giants who have agreed with my assessment of him - and they really can't stand the hype he has gotten. Furthermore, the Cowboys' best corners weren't even defending him and he choked. Carr blanketed Hixon all night (he was on him like flies on sh8); and Claiborne did an extraordinary job on Hicks as well. His longest reception came from a blown coverage on a cross route (DBs got confused) and Eli being Eli was accurate with that one particular pass I'm referring to. Other than that one play, he was garbation (verb for garbage) last night.

God am I happy that some of you aren't GMs in real life. We have some fans on this board who would straight up trade Crabtree for the rights of a bum a$$ player such as Cruz.

Yes, he's fast and very quick and is considered a pretty good route runner, but it takes a bit more than that to be labeled a # 1 receiver in this league. He's not even a # 2 receiver IMO. He's a great slot guy and that's all he is - that'll all he can bring to the table! Teams are going to continue to expose his a$$ in 2012 now that he has to play on the outside a bit more. Manningham (stretched the field) and Hicks (demanding the most attention) played a pivotal role for him as a slot guy and people misunderstood that as him being an "elite" receiver.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still put up monster number last year and yes he does have a case of the dropsies from time to time. But i bet he puts up some monster numbers again this year, it was only the first game of the season, too soon much?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He still put up monster number last year and yes he does have a case of the dropsies from time to time. But i bet he puts up some monster numbers again this year, it was only the first game of the season, too soon much?

Again, a lot of his stats had to do with the quality of QB he has throwing him the ball. In addition, he has a # 1 receiver who garners more attention from opposing defenses. When you take all these factors into play, it's only right he has those types of #s. Again, you wouldn't know unless you watch him on a weekly basis.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last night and again this morning I read that Cruz has never had more than 1 one drop in a game in his career. However, last year alone, PFF credited him with 11 drops total (he was not on their top 20 best drop rate list or bottom 20 worst drop rate list).

I'm not sure if Bingo was implying he makes other kinds of mistakes in games as well or that his drops are "occasional" in the sense that he seems to always have one per game. Either way I'm probably nitpicking here and I was not arguing against Bingo's original point because I have not seen enough of Cruz myself to argue too strongly one way or the other about him. I did want to point out, however, that there is a stat out there that says he has never had a game with more than 1 drop BUT over the course of a season he ranks somewhere in the middle (maybe even more towards the top than bottom) in drops, according to PFF.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night and again this morning I read that Cruz has never had more than 1 one drop in a game in his career. However, last year alone, PFF credited him with 11 drops total (he was not on their top 20 best drop rate list or bottom 20 worst drop rate list).

I'm not sure if Bingo was implying he makes other kinds of mistakes in games as well or that his drops are "occasional" in the sense that he seems to always have one per game. Either way I'm probably nitpicking here and I was not arguing against Bingo's original point because I have not seen enough of Cruz myself to argue too strongly one way or the other about him. I did want to point out, however, that there is a stat out there that says he has never had a game with more than 1 drop BUT over the course of a season he ranks somewhere in the middle (maybe even more towards the top than bottom) in drops, according to PFF.

Well, that streak ended last nite then. I recall 3 at least

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that streak ended last nite then. I recall 3 at least

Right, but when the entire point of the thread was demonstrating how this wasn't an anomaly but rather a consistent trend that so many of us fools can't see...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thanks for the info Pozz, but yes, what I was referring to in my assessment of Cruz (last year) was: once a game he either tends to drop an easy ball, OR he has in many instances alligator-arm a ball thrown to him.

I'm astonished as to how these people came up with that figure (never had more than 1 drop on any given day) but watching him play I'd bet my weekly salary that I have witnessed him drop more passes than what they have indicated. I'm even astonished at PFF's numbers as well because it seemed much more to me than just 11 drops for that entire year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he had three. That wasn't my point or argument.

LOOK_AT_ALL_THE_FUCKS_I_GIVE.gif

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the game vs AZ, where he dropped the ball when he drop to the ground and thus "halting" his progress...

got saved by a suspect ruling lol...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cruz isn't even a #2 receiver, what the hell does that make Crabtree?