• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very impressive today

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never get too worked up for any preseason game, win or lose. But there were several reasons why I thought today may have been the most promising game in the preseason that I've seen in years from this Bears team. For those who were unable to watch it, don't let the 27-20 final score fool you. The Bears controlled this contest pretty much from the outset. I thought the offense looked as well oiled as a unit normally would by mid season. And while the defense didn't quite match their teammates performance from the other side of the ball, at least they gave us one of those bend-but-don't-break efforts.

What was particularly encouraging thru all this was the fact that it was our 2nd stringers facing the Chiefs number one units on both sides of the ball for the entire first half. I think it was Beardown who said it last week that even tho it's preseason, the Bears offense seems to have this look as to how they go about their business. They play quicker and with an efficiency to their efforts. It always looks like there are more moving pieces involved than what we're use to seeing from those dinosaur offenses of recent years.

Unless something goes terribly wrong next week, I'll be shocked beyond all belief if Javon Wims fails to make the 53 man roster. He was da man today. I know this much, if they try to sneak him onto the practice squad, he's a goner. On defense I'm continuing to like Isaiah Irving's chances to make the team. He was out of position on the very first play from scrimmage which led to a big gain for the Chiefs. But he settled down quite nicely after that. I also liked the efforts from Kylie Fitts and Nick Williams.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims is safe as can be.

I don't care about pre-season results either. However, it was nice that PERHAPS this is a vote of confidence towards Nagy's scheming/play calling ability? I don't know... just searching for something. The offense was SUPER impressive in the 1st half