• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon Davis Observation

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am not going to deny he is the same player as years past but given the O-line injuries and constant movement he has had to stay in and help block thus decreasing how he gets utilized on offense.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Vernon David been on a team such as the Pats, Broncos or Saints he would be a leading TE receiver. Ever since Alex Smith lost his starting job VDs numbers went down. Yet when he was a focus back to back years 12 and 13 he grabbed 2 TDs in the first game alone. Check the Game tape. Last four plays against the Ravens in the Super Bowl he got open yet all Kaep could see was Crabtree?!! Then in the next post season against the Seahawks on Kaep's last interception throw to who else Crabtree, Davis was streaking to the end zone open on the inside. Check the Game tape. Study the Game and understand why Kaep has need to train under Kurt Warner.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Vernon David been on a team such as the Pats, Broncos or Saints he would be a leading TE receiver. Ever since Alex Smith lost his starting job VDs numbers went down. Yet when he was a focus back to back years 12 and 13 he grabbed 2 TDs in the first game alone. Check the Game tape. Last four plays against the Ravens in the Super Bowl he got open yet all Kaep could see was Crabtree?!! Then in the next post season against the Seahawks on Kaep's last interception throw to who else Crabtree, Davis was streaking to the end zone open on the inside. Check the Game tape. Study the Game and understand why Kaep has need to train under Kurt Warner.

Vernon's numbers were good in 2013. He was Alex Smith's chosen target but Alex hardly't utlilize the team's WRs. Not only were Vernon's receiving stats down last year, his blocking rating was also significantly down last year. He was off last year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear. Maybe Kaepernick is finally maturing and owning up to his shortcomings as a Qb and as a person. Hope it works.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon's numbers were good in 2013. He was Alex Smith's chosen target but Alex hardly't utlilize the team's WRs. Not only were Vernon's receiving stats down last year, his blocking rating was also significantly down last year. He was off last year.
He was off for sure. I doubt he will put up numbers and blocks that he once did. Age and injuries take a toll on any player. His comment on Kap means nothing really because they haven't been together much ( if at all?) this off season. I could be wrong on that but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe tht VD has any insight on Kap's progression.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was off for sure. I doubt he will put up numbers and blocks that he once did. Age and injuries take a toll on any player. His comment on Kap means nothing really because they haven't been together much ( if at all?) this off season. I could be wrong on that but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe tht VD has any insight on Kap's progression.

That kind of follows what Vernon was saying. Vernon was watching Kaepernick practicing drop backs. Vernon hasnt seen him since last year and noticed the difference. How much of that translates on the field remains to be seen

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hands are awfull. He wouldn't be a star with any of those good qb's, they wouldn't trust him. His numbers didn't go down because of the qb change, they went down after Kam Chancelor lit his ass up two years ago. He plays timid now, thats why he always disappears against Seattle. ITS OVER for him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed Davis streaking to the endzone on that play, please show. I remember Boldin running a post, wide open in the endzone, I also remember Patton all alone, about 5 yards out of the endzone. I cant remember Davis being visable that whole game.
Also on that play, Harbaugh said it was a one read throw, if Crabtree was one on one, take the throw. Its hard for us to say if Kaep was really at fault for that playcall, it was one Roman obviously liked, since he couldn't get enough of that call in the Superbowl the season before. That play seems to me like its the call, if Crabtree's one on one, put it up for him.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone wrote over at the now defunct "not Especially entertaining SPorts Network" Boards...The writer observed that for awhile (over a year or so ago) that Vernon had stopped reaching above his head to make a catch and he was catching everything against his body. He and later I began to believe he had some injury that prevented him from reaching above his head. After that observation I watched to see if he ever raised his hands above his head and I never saw him reach up this last year including a few games from the previous season.

I actually think he may be hiding from the staff that he has a problem and if they realized that he had a permanent injury he would probably be released. For those out there who have not heard or read about this please keep an eye out to see if it might be true. Personally I'm about 70% sure he has a problem with his shoulder or some other problem which will keep him from ever being what he was and he may not be worth more than an average back-up TE for the rest of his career.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone wrote over at the now defunct "not Especially entertaining SPorts Network" Boards...The writer observed that for awhile (over a year or so ago) that Vernon had stopped reaching above his head to make a catch and he was catching everything against his body. He and later I began to believe he had some injury that prevented him from reaching above his head. After that observation I watched to see if he ever raised his hands above his head and I never saw him reach up this last year including a few games from the previous season.

I actually think he may be hiding from the staff that he has a problem and if they realized that he had a permanent injury he would probably be released. For those out there who have not heard or read about this please keep an eye out to see if it might be true. Personally I'm about 70% sure he has a problem with his shoulder or some other problem which will keep him from ever being what he was and he may not be worth more than an average back-up TE for the rest of his career.

He's never reached and plucked balls out of the air. Even look at his highlights, all body catching, his whole career.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis injured his back during the early part of the season. He missed time because of it. I think it was affecting him the entire season along with other ailments but little was said of it.