• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon Davis Observation

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he jump and kick out his legs and arms to create a pocket in his stomach to catch a pass? I have never once seen him pluck a ball with his hands. This guy is a fuckin joke. Alot gets masked because of hos speed, othet than that, he might be the worst te in the league.
I sure hope the scout department is spending most of its time scouting D2 basketball games, looking at athletic, undersized pf's. Vance McDonald can hold it down until we find the next Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, J Thomas type

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to the Chiefs for Kelce. We seem to get good deals from them, other than Baldwin.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a tight end not a wide receiver!!! chill out

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he jump and kick out his legs and arms to create a pocket in his stomach to catch a pass? I have never once seen him pluck a ball with his hands. This guy is a fuckin joke. Alot gets masked because of hos speed, othet than that, he might be the worst te in the league.
I sure hope the scout department is spending most of its time scouting D2 basketball games, looking at athletic, undersized pf's. Vance McDonald can hold it down until we find the next Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, J Thomas type
The 9ers use TEs who can block. This team is (was?:noidea:) a run heavy offense so having a TE who can block helps set up the run . BTW ,I'm not sure what you are describing about VD doing a jumping jack pose before a catch. Do you have a link or gif to show that?

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with his speed is, because of the jumping and shit that he does, he rarely has YAC. So glad we held our ground on his 'holdout'

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is killing us this year. Not doing much. Way too many drops

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it.

I want WINNERS. I want people that wanna win.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep ice out of paradise! Have you not seen him make pivotal caches in the past?? Sure he does that on occasion, but when he's on he's fantastic...just having a confidence problem at present...he's an all pro, he'll contribute in a big way soon mark my words.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep ice out of paradise! Have you not seen him make pivotal caches in the past?? Sure he does that on occasion, but when he's on he's fantastic...just having a confidence problem at present...he's an all pro, he'll contribute in a big way soon mark my words.

His athleticism has allowed him to be in position to make plays. I have never seen him make a great/tough catch, post his highlights, you'll see him body catching everything, jumping for ball thrown to his chest. I'm glad I know better!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he wanted more money. He isn't even top 5 TE anymore. If anything he should get less.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His athleticism has allowed him to be in position to make plays. I have never seen him make a great/tough catch, post his highlights, you'll see him body catching everything, jumping for ball thrown to his chest. I'm glad I know better!

Vernon Davis 61-yard TD Catch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9N1oFXP2LU]Vernon Davis Emotional Touch Catch vs Saints - YouTube[/ame]

he never makes great catches though. like I said earlier he is a tight end, most tight ends aren't known for their ability to snatch passes out of the air like a WR. who the fuck cares if he catches it against his body or jumps to get it as long as he catches it.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's been bad this year but he's still one of the better TEs in the league. Not sure why he can't catch a pass but hopefully he figures it out soon.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Davis 61-yard TD Catch

Vernon Davis Emotional Touch Catch vs Saints - YouTube

he never makes great catches though. like I said earlier he is a tight end, most tight ends aren't known for their ability to snatch passes out of the air like a WR. who the fuck cares if he catches it against his body or jumps to get it as long as he catches it.

I agree. He should catch it in anyway that he can catch it. The point is whether he drops it or not. Also the quarterback should know how he wants to catch it and make appropriate throws. If Kaepernick is holding off on some of his passes because of either his drops or the way he catches it then they need to adjust. Otherwise, there's no problem. I don't think catching with his body makes it harder to catch it or harder to catch it with his hands. If he is dropping it when he's trying to catch with his hands, he's needs to work on his hands, not reduce the times catching with his body.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's been bad this year but he's still one of the better TEs in the league. Not sure why he can't catch a pass but hopefully he figures it out soon.

Yes he is still better then most but he isn't in the Top 5 right now(this season). He dropped a lot. I have him at 3, now maybe 7-9 range.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has also been battling injuries this year, missing a couple games. I think he will get back into a good groove and produce

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aaahhh...remember the catch in the playoffs against the Saints? That's just one example...while he does body catch quite a bit, he's very capable of making great snags and has shown us that...just not this year so far. A bad back will screw anyone up in any position where twisting, adjusting to balls, and using leverage. He'll be good after the bye week and his timing will be there as well.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why Vernon jumps before every catch? Two words for you, "Alex Smith". All of those high throws by Alex got Vernon into really bad habits that he's never been able to stop doing. I honestly thought he would have stopped jumping on every reception when he started catching passes from Kaep but I guess bad habits are hard to break.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD has been terrible this year and I believe is 32 years old right? It might be time to invest in a new TE. He's unreliable now.