• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Verdict reached in Hernandez trial

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No weapon, no witness, no motive, but if not for Bob Kraft's testimony that Hernandez told him that he was in a nightclub at the time of the murder when there was no evidence of the time of the murder was the only justification for the Murder 1 verdict. RIP Odin Lloyd.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty good discussion of the issue.

Jim Donaldson: A killer? No, but Patriots knew Hernandez was a bad guy - Sports - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI

“I just think he’s a super player, a really first-class guy, and we made a big commitment to him,” team owner Robert Kraft said after Hernandez signed his contract extension, which included a $12.5-million signing bonus.

Hernandez talked about how, with his new contract, he would be “able to have a good chance to be set for life, to have a good life. I have a daughter on the way. I have a family that I love.”

Now the 25-year-old Hernandez, who was under contract to the Patriots through 2018, will be spending the rest of his life in prison, having been convicted Wednesday of the murder of Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

“There was nothing wrong with what Robert Kraft said at the time,” said Dr. Rick Aberman, a prominent sports psychotherapist who has worked with a number of professional teams and college programs. “You want to believe in people.”

I think most Football teams think the biggest risk is wasting the pick and their time and energy on a waste of a player. I don't think any team thinks murder is a possibility.