• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joseph - Part III

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that Josh learned in his first stint with Broncos.....listen to what Bill Parcells had to say. "If you want me to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries."

Elway does the drafting and signing of free agents. You will not get a great coach if he can't put his own team together. Elway has shown that he likes the limelight and he'll take credit for anything positive and blame the coach or anyone else when things go south. That's a problem today. I see being a coach for Elway as if I was walking up the gallows, let Elway put the hood over my head and slide the noose around my neck. If things go well, he'll pull up the hood and give me a drink of water, if not......he pulls the handle.

Matt Patricia might be a better fit. First time as a head coach. Improved the defense 100% over the 2016 and 2017 seasons after having a ton of injuries. He learned his craft from Darth Hoodie. Would most likely allow Elway to reap the rewards of his labor.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that Josh learned in his first stint with Broncos.....listen to what Bill Parcells had to say. "If you want me to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries."

Elway does the drafting and signing of free agents. You will not get a great coach if he can't put his own team together. Elway has shown that he likes the limelight and he'll take credit for anything positive and blame the coach or anyone else when things go south. That's a problem today. I see being a coach for Elway as if I was walking up the gallows, let Elway put the hood over my head and slide the noose around my neck. If things go well, he'll pull up the hood and give me a drink of water, if not......he pulls the handle.

Matt Patricia might be a better fit. First time as a head coach. Improved the defense 100% over the 2016 and 2017 seasons after having a ton of injuries. He learned his craft from Darth Hoodie. Would most likely allow Elway to reap the rewards of his labor.

Elway blames himself for the team he doesn’t just deflect it all the time, he’s come out and said it’s his fault too. And the problem with McDaniels other thain the cheating thing was that he had too much power, he barely knows how to be head coach and yet you have them in charge of all the decisions, it’s too much for a first time head coach to handle.

You can have a first time head coach be the decision-maker on lineups and things like that but if you’re going to give him drafting power and free-agent power why even have a GM? If the Broncos havd an experienced head coach the it makes sense to give him some power but a first time the coach you want your GM to do everything. Vance Joseph is an assistant manager and John Elway is your store manager, assistant managers have power but you can’t put them in charge of everything because that’s why you have a store manager.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was John Elway (which I am obviously not) - I wouldn't let a failure in some decisions I made last year - shake my confidence - that I know what I need to do to fix the team. The John Elway that wants to promote himself up to a C.E.O role - isn't John Elway.

I do think the Broncos now have a negative - reputation around the league for coaches - a team - where you don't go there unless you or going to let JE make the decisions. We will see if John Elway wants to see if he can rally the team (of course he does) - or he needs to turn it over to a younger guy - he will coach from the sidelines.

My personal opinion will be - I trust John Elway to get it right - even though - I blame him for some bad QB decisions in recent years - or maybe just bad QB luck, but he knows how to rally - and I think he has earned the right to get it done to fit his vision.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ is back
Elway just tweeted

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see this team with a competent NFL QB before I can judge this HC

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see this team with a competent NFL QB before I can judge this HC

Fair enough but, the leadership and mental softness of this team concerns me. No Sanders and Talib will weaken it more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway blames himself for the team he doesn’t just deflect it all the time, he’s come out and said it’s his fault too. And the problem with McDaniels other thain the cheating thing was that he had too much power, he barely knows how to be head coach and yet you have them in charge of all the decisions, it’s too much for a first time head coach to handle.

You can have a first time head coach be the decision-maker on lineups and things like that but if you’re going to give him drafting power and free-agent power why even have a GM? If the Broncos havd an experienced head coach the it makes sense to give him some power but a first time the coach you want your GM to do everything. Vance Joseph is an assistant manager and John Elway is your store manager, assistant managers have power but you can’t put them in charge of everything because that’s why you have a store manager.

Agreed. Now I'll add to that:
You don't get GM power until you have been successful as a head coach. McDaniel has not done that yet.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Elway runs the organization I believe it is difficult to find coaches. That said when you get first time head coaches you have to give them time to learn. Not saying VJ will be the next great coach, but give him time to make some mistakes and learn, very similar to starting a rookie QB. When Elway dictates staff to a coach then it will eliminate most head coaches with experience.

If this team continues to make the same mistakes and shooting themselves in the foot week after week next year then it will be time to find a new young coach.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway painted himself into a corner with this hiring, and now continuation with Vance.

He now has to get a qb that can win. Which means signing Cousins.

He now has to draft a qb of the future.

He now has to get rid of some of his aging vets, and thus, leadership and locker room presence.

This isn't the best way to build a team, but really no other way now.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Barkley John

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway painted himself into a corner with this hiring, and now continuation with Vance.

He now has to get a qb that can win. Which means signing Cousins.

He now has to draft a qb of the future.

He now has to get rid of some of his aging vets, and thus, leadership and locker room presence.

This isn't the best way to build a team, but really no other way now.

If we sign Cousins he can be the QBOTF. QB’s play until their mid-late 30’s now so if he works out we could have them for a good 6 to 8 years, that’s an entirety nowadays.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance really hasn't even had much of a shot here to be the head coach. Time to get him his QB and tweak some things and then we can decide what we really think of him as a head coach.