• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vacation's suck....

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparantly teams take vacations when you take vacations??

I left on a cruise last weekend. I was away for nine days with no TV, phone, or internet. When I get home I find out the Red Sox also tokk the same nine days off?! They lost every game whil I was away?? (I guess I'm glad I did not see any scores or updates all week.)

When I left they were about 2 games back.... When I get home, they are 8 games back??

Ugh.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find rather humorous the tendency of fans to think that what they do or don't do can somehow affect the outcome of a game (or in your case, nine games). That's not to say that I don't ever have similar thoughts, but I'm pretty sure that such thoughts are totally unfounded. Probably best to just appreciate that you didn't have to agonize through those nine games, which Boston would certainly have still lost were you not on vacation.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way...I am taking full credit for the Rangers' offensive explosion the last several games...since I posted asking why God hates the Rangers...they are done quite well...obviously its because of my plea to God to let up a little man...haha

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way...I am taking full credit for the Rangers' offensive explosion the last several games...since I posted asking why God hates the Rangers...they are done quite well...obviously its because of my plea to God to let up a little man...haha

Good point! If your thread led God to reconsider his antipathy for the Rangers, then the least I can do is to reassess my belief that fans can't affect the outcomes of games!

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparantly teams take vacations when you take vacations??

I left on a cruise last weekend. I was away for nine days with no TV, phone, or internet. When I get home I find out the Red Sox also tokk the same nine days off?! They lost every game whil I was away?? (I guess I'm glad I did not see any scores or updates all week.)

When I left they were about 2 games back.... When I get home, they are 8 games back??

Ugh.

real fans don't have time for vacations! They're there 24/7 thru thick and thin. You abandoned your team and you're paying the price. Who do you think you are taking a Goddamned vacation ?!

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find rather humorous the tendency of fans to think that what they do or don't do can somehow affect the outcome of a game (or in your case, nine games). That's not to say that I don't ever have similar thoughts, but I'm pretty sure that such thoughts are totally unfounded. Probably best to just appreciate that you didn't have to agonize through those nine games, which Boston would certainly have still lost were you not on vacation.

So how do you explain that they rattled off 7 straight wins since I came home?

I have magical powers and there is nothing you can do about it. If you try to post something witty, I wil make your underwear disappear...