• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utah - Portland Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also this attendance chart, in terms of sellouts. The Jazz attendance wasn't as good as their reputation. Portland's was.

kingsellout.png

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I know I talk a lot about Clintonite33, but all of his kids like going to games.

Jayswag does this thing when he's mad at the Jazz, he calls them "bastards" and stops watching them (only follows the scores), if he feels they're playing lethargic.

You need to get Jayswag here. That's your job. I did mine. I got you here. Sackataters came by himself after I told him about it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get Jayswag here. That's your job. I did mine. I got you here. Sackataters came by himself after I told him about it.

He's busy with school (back in school). He hasn't even looked at video clips I sent him in September.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even posted this video clip at the end of December, to commemorate the "bastards". According to Facebook, he "read" it, but didn't comment.

(He's admitted to needing more time to get back to me on some posts I made in September).

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's busy with school (back in school). He hasn't even looked at video clips I sent him in September.

Well, hurry send him an invite here so that when he does get to those emails, he may see it - he might be a serial doer. :)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hurry send him an invite here so that when he does get to those emails, he may see it - he might be a serial doer. :)

I already told him I posted here.

I sent it to jayswag, BlueMoon_76, Scrantonicity33, and Clintonite33.

Here was the response (from jayswag):

Utah Jazz? I f$ckin hate those bastards right now!​

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent told him I posted here.

Thanks. Great Post. Especially the part where you said,
I sent told him I posted here.

. I need results. :rant: Just kidding, thanks for trying.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers should have won both games. they are just too inconsistent, this team certainly has some juice in them and are able to make a playoff push, but they need to win games like Utah all the time. They are fun to watch but extremely young (Been PDX excuse for like 8 years now) but it would be huge for this team to sneak into the playoffs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers should have won both games. they are just too inconsistent, this team certainly has some juice in them and are able to make a playoff push, but they need to win games like Utah all the time. They are fun to watch but extremely young (Been PDX excuse for like 8 years now) but it would be huge for this team to sneak into the playoffs.

Hey OregonDucks, Alex Smith played for Utah in college, so some of us Jazz fans follow him. What do you think of the likelihood of him going to Kansas City and what would you think of it? Do you think it could work out? If so, for a year, indefinitely, or not at all? I went to USC, where Cassel went, but Cassel didn't play, what do you think of him? Bad luck or bad player? Could he fit with Andy Reid?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told him I posted here.

Thanks. Great Post. Especially the part where you said, . I need results. :rant: Just kidding, thanks for trying.

I'll try BlueMoon_76 again.

As for scrantonicity, I don't think he wants to post on message boards again.

He's also busy teaching his 4-year old daughter how to play guitar. He posted a pic back in July. She has her own acoustic guitar (I think) and guitar case.

Ok, I just checked. There's pics with two different guitars. The guitar pic in September looks like "her" guitar, as it has a unique patch/sticker on it that would seem like it's hers. (Just the way the design is).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 12 and is just fuming right now. I've taught him well.

Good. Keep him that way. I feel there are too many apathetic people here in Utah or those who have turned to the Dark Side (Lakers) or the Apparent Dark Side (Miami Heat).

I guess I would disappoint you. It's hard for me to get mad when I see a roster full of so many holes. I don't expect much.

* 23rd ranked defense.
* A backup PG is starting.
* SG/SF is below average.
* Millsap playing at 1/2 speed.
* No good 2nd scorer.
* An unknown in Favors, who may or may not have offensive ability.
* Despite trying hard in the halfcourt defense, other teams shoot 48.4% on twos. If the Jazz are on defense, especially in the halfcourt, I know other teams can score now if they just set a screen or make a pass. If teams like Houston, Phoenix, Orlando, New Orleans, Sacramento, and Charlotte can do it, it really is that easy.

NBA Stats - NBA Team Opponent Two Point % on TeamRankings.com

* Poor bench:

The Jazz are 28th in bench efficiency:

NBA Team Stats 2010-2011 - NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats

And 27th in bench points:

NBA Team Stats 2010-2011 - NBA Fantasy Basketball Stats

So, I expect to see poor stretches and poor games, given the roster. I know they can't do better.

Now, if this team had expectations, than the losses would hurt more, because I would expect more. I would think they're capable of more.

But even still, this is just the regular season.

I don't get riled up too often in the regular season, because the playoffs are what count. (The Saturday game against Portland was one of those few times, because I thought they should have won).

For example, I take the game 5 loss in the 2008 series against Houston harder. Yes, the Jazz won the series. But that's not the point. They had a 3-1 lead, and if they're going to show any potential, they have to win more road games. But game 5 was a typical lackluster road game, never really in it. Some fans were mad at the game 3 home loss, because the Jazz had a 2-0 lead. But not me. I know you can't win every game, and there's supposed to be some home losses, but that true good resilient teams will just win road games. It's supposed to feel like more than a 10% chance of winning a road game, there should be an expectation of winning one or two a series, not a prayer of winning one. Plus it was still a 2-1 series, and I was looking forward to seeing what happened in game 5. Obviously that was a disappointment.

Game 5 against SA in 2007 was similarly lackluster. It was over a few minutes into the game, I could tell the Jazz couldn't guard the Spurs on that day.

So those games, where there's a series on the line, matter more to me.

Now, there is a case in which I'll get more into the regular season, and that's the first year a team is good (after being bad for a while). For example, 2006-2007 was a fun regular season, because they were creating their own expectations. But the next few years, I expected them to play like that, so my focus was on the playoffs. Show it to me in the playoffs. Win or lose in the regular season, seeding, homecourt, doesn't matter. Win those series. For good teams, I don't think it matters as much where they end up in the regular season, nor the seeding. Health is more important.

So, I can't be fuming and angry too often in the regular season, when I don't expect much from this team, and when the highlight is the offseason when there's the chance of getting significantly better talent, via trades or free agency.

With the draft, there's basically the same player every year. Burks, Maynor, Miles, Brewer, Giricek. All are about the same level. Decent but flawed. Kanter, Koufos, this year's Millsap, Favors. No real separation.

Only Jefferson stands out as above average talent, and I think it will be in the offseason until possibly more above average talent can be had.

There's not two guys that I think a championship team can be built around. Millsap is looking like he's best as a 4th best starter, not 2nd best.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Jazz fan too long to get toxically angry. I'd have heart failure or stroke right now. One loss that stands out as extremely irritating was a loss on MLK day back in 2006 or 2007. Arenas canned a last second 3. I think I hurled the remote through the drywall.

One of the sweetest wins was that game winner from Sundiata. That was poetry.

The Rockets/Jazz playoff series with Duh Ron v T Mac was nerve racking.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2003/2004 was a crazy rewarding year. I was still relatively new to Oregon, having moved from Logan, UT. I was out of market and had poor Internet. That was before games were being streamed like crazy. On overcast days, I could position my clock radio in such a way that I could just barely get the call on AM radio out of SLC. I clung to that radio play by play. Clear days, and I was SOL for the start. I think I finally wised up to online radio mid season. That was a gutty team.

I don't remember what year I came upon espn Jazz forum. But, it was nice to have a place to vicariously root together. I'm not a natural chat guy. It was awkward at first, felt like I was intruding into some brotherhood. And, my insights aren't that of a learned basketball tactician. But, I've been consistently there for the Jazz, so that might get me a little cred.

It sucks to sometimes think...if they would just lose 'this' game, it might force a change. But, that is sometimes where my head is at lately.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Jazz fan too long to get toxically angry. I'd have heart failure or stroke right now. One loss that stands out as extremely irritating was a loss on MLK day back in 2006 or 2007. Arenas canned a last second 3. I think I hurled the remote through the drywall.

One of the sweetest wins was that game winner from Sundiata. That was poetry.

The Rockets/Jazz playoff series with Duh Ron v T Mac was nerve racking.

Yeah, those were some of the unique games during the season. Not the ordinary kind.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2003/2004 was a crazy rewarding year. I was still relatively new to Oregon, having moved from Logan, UT. I was out of market and had poor Internet. That was before games were being streamed like crazy. On overcast days, I could position my clock radio in such a way that I could just barely get the call on AM radio out of SLC. I clung to that radio play by play. Clear days, and I was SOL for the start. I think I finally wised up to online radio mid season. That was a gutty team.

I don't remember what year I came upon espn Jazz forum. But, it was nice to have a place to vicariously root together. I'm not a natural chat guy. It was awkward at first, felt like I was intruding into some brotherhood. And, my insights aren't that of a learned basketball tactician. But, I've been consistently there for the Jazz, so that might get me a little cred.

It sucks to sometimes think...if they would just lose 'this' game, it might force a change. But, that is sometimes where my head is at lately.

You seemed like a good chatter to me. :)

I don't think losing X amount of games will be the change. It's when the front office decides certain players aren't going to get better, and thus new ones are needed.

Why was the radio worse when it was sunny?

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think losing X amount of games will be the change. It's when the front office decides certain players aren't going to get better, and thus new ones are needed.

Why was the radio worse when it was sunny?

I think the sun effects the ionosphere. At night, and especially when cloudy, I guess the signal was able to span the distance.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Pappagoose was the dominant spokesman back then. If I remember right, he didn't have a problem calling a person a dumb ass.. I probably said some dumb ass things back in my vigor in that day.