• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USO waves goodbye to NBC...Johnny?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Miller leaves door open about future; Maybe NBC is ?grooming new Johnny Miller? | The Sherman Report

Well...NBC final USO telecast is winding down with the women's USO this week (not sure about the Sr. Open)...Is Johnny Miller done?

His contract runs thru '16 so he'll have 2 more years to call mostly fluff tournaments.

Fox takes over next year with all USGA televised events...they had to fork over some serious coin to get that gig I'm sure.

The article references Chamblee as the guy to take over for JM...that will suck.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Miller, but I have had just about enough of him blaming every mistake on nerves.
You can't blame everything on something that is impossible to prove.

I pull my puts all the time and I'm not nervous about a god damn thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Miller, but I have had just about enough of him blaming every mistake on nerves.
You can't blame everything on something that is impossible to prove.

I pull my puts all the time and I'm not nervous about a god damn thing.

LOL...your putt probably doesn't have 6 or 7 figures riding on it...

At that level RJ...I think he's right most of the time...I just think Chamblee is a never was (1 PGAT win), who acts as if he's a HOF player...Miller can get away with it a little because at one point he had serious game.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...your putt probably doesn't have 6 or 7 figures riding on it...

At that level RJ...I think he's right most of the time...I just think Chamblee is a never was (1 PGAT win), who acts as if he's a HOF player...Miller can get away with it a little because at one point he had serious game.

Golf is the only sport in the world were it's basically the guy who makes the least amount of mistake wins.
Golf is all error management. Bogey is normal thing that happens in golf ...but Johnny calls that nerves?
That never made sense to me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is the only sport in the world were it's basically the guy who makes the least amount of mistake wins.
Golf is all error management. Bogey is normal thing that happens in golf ...but Johnny calls that nerves?
That never made sense to me.

Idk all of the situations Miller has called somebody out for choking, but again...I think he's right a lot of the time.

Pressure effects all players to some degree, even the best in the world

Scott Hoch...Masters...missed a 2' putt that would've won the tournament...he probably makes that putt 10 out of 10 times on his home course, but under the pressure of the moment...he missed it. You see it a lot on Sunday...sure they're mistakes as you say, but touring pros missing greens with short irons or short putts when it really matters...pressure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX is taking over the sports world

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. I actually really did like listening to him

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk all of the situations Miller has called somebody out for choking, but again...I think he's right a lot of the time.

Pressure effects all players to some degree, even the best in the world

Scott Hoch...Masters...missed a 2' putt that would've won the tournament...he probably makes that putt 10 out of 10 times on his home course, but under the pressure of the moment...he missed it. You see it a lot on Sunday...sure they're mistakes as you say, but touring pros missing greens with short irons or short putts when it really matters...pressure.

There is no question at all there were clear times when golfers have flat out choked. But I think Johnny brings it up a lot to maybe add some drama to the moment.

And again, "pro's missing greens with short irons when it matters" It's normal for pros to miss those greens, that's why we have green side bunkers. So how can you yell a normal mistake from nerves.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question at all there were clear times when golfers have flat out choked. But I think Johnny brings it up a lot to maybe add some drama to the moment.

And again, "pro's missing greens with short irons when it matters" It's normal for pros to miss those greens, that's why we have green side bunkers. So how can you yell a normal mistake from nerves.

JM...I agree, he has been OTT at times, but the thing I like the most about him is he's been there, and done that under pressure...he knows these guys capabilities and to some degree their limitations.

Normal...75 to 100 yd approach...the best players on tour hit the green nearly 80% of the time YTD accord to PGAT.com...so yeah a 20% mistake rate does indicate some degree of "normal"...we don't know the conditions, lies. etc. but I think pressure is a factor, especially on Sunday.

Your point about JM over doing it a little is valid, but I've never seen him be flat out wrong too many times.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how Fox does with it. Kinda excited about a change.