• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today updated preseason Top 25

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scott frost is really holding that program back. poor recruiting, losing mentality...it's not going to end well for him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scott frost is really holding that program back. poor recruiting, losing mentality...it's not going to end well for him.

Cincinnati! Dammit, wrong thread.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if USC is ranked too high, too low or just about right.

We have a lot of returning players and we look to have upgraded the coaching staff significantly. Also, even with the adversity of the last few years, the team really likes Helton and has never stopped playing hard for him.

But, the previous staff didn't appear to do much as far as developing the players and we have one of the more difficult schedules in the country.

First things first... Let's hope we actually have a season first before we can even begin wondering if USC is ranked too high, too low or just about right. heh heh :heh:

But yeah... I agree with your general assessment. IF we do get to actually play the season, I can see USC having a better season than last year, outside of the first game (Bama), as long as Klovis remains starting QB.

It should be a very interesting season if it happens... :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first... Let's hope we actually have a season first before we can even begin wondering if USC is ranked too high, too low or just about right. heh heh :heh:

But yeah... I agree with your general assessment. IF we do get to actually play the season, I can see USC having a better season than last year, outside of the first game (Bama), as long as Klovis remains starting QB.

It should be a very interesting season if it happens... :nod:

I think we'll have games. The first ones aren't scheduled until the end of August and USC's first game isn't until September 5th.

Unless this thing has a 2nd wave that's really bad or somehow explodes all over again it should be fine. The one thing that I could see that could be an issue would be if we're still having to do social distancing and not allowing large crowds.

If they delay the start of the season and go to a 10 game season as some have speculated, the Bama game would likely be canceled, thus saving us a beating. lol

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll have games. The first ones aren't scheduled until the end of August and USC's first game isn't until September 5th.

Unless this thing has a 2nd wave that's really bad or somehow explodes all over again it should be fine. The one thing that I could see that could be an issue would be if we're still having to do social distancing and not allowing large crowds.

If they delay the start of the season and go to a 10 game season as some have speculated, the Bama game would likely be canceled, thus saving us a beating. lol
Looking like there will be no college athletics period until students return to school.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like there will be no college athletics period until students return to school.

The current year ends is a couple of months. They wouldn't be due back until September.

At least a few teams play their first game before students return pretty much every season.

But with another couple of months and then the entire summer still to go, I'd think that things should be back to close to normal.

I wonder if they would let the students come back, but try keep them more or less on campus as much as possible for awhile?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current year ends is a couple of months. They wouldn't be due back until September.

At least a few teams play their first game before students return pretty much every season.

But with another couple of months and then the entire summer still to go, I'd think that things should be back to close to normal.

I wonder if they would let the students come back, but try keep them more or less on campus as much as possible for awhile?
Good question. As long as "shelter in place" is required I just don't see schools opening back up...other than online.

The longer this goes on the more "moving of timelines" is in the discussion. And at some point even that becomes "just forget it". British Open is still 3+ months away and they've already canceled that one. Olympics as well. So if we use that as a measuring stick I'd think June 1 is the date for a decision on Sept 1 activities.

The unknown timeline for this is what drives Type-A folks crazy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. As long as "shelter in place" is required I just don't see schools opening back up...other than online.

The longer this goes on the more "moving of timelines" is in the discussion. And at some point even that becomes "just forget it". British Open is still 3+ months away and they've already canceled that one. Olympics as well. So if we use that as a measuring stick I'd think June 1 is the date for a decision on Sept 1 activities.

The unknown timeline for this is what drives Type-A folks crazy.

I'd say that the British Open was canceled because you have a lot of different golfers, plus their caddies and whoever else with them from all over the world.

With cfb it's the players and staff etc. that have been here the entire time.

It'll be interesting for sure. Apparently, it's at least starting to flatten, so that's good news.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it when jackasses like this keep my team out. Gives them motivation materials!!! Thanks!!!