• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urlacher Retires

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Urlacher of Chicago Bears retiring - ESPN Chicago

He had a helluva career, and it sucked facing him twice a year, but I'ma call bullshit on his "reasoning". I think it had more to do with the fact that nobody would pay him what he thought he was worth. Dude had bum knees and obviously lost a step or two....or three or four. Still have to give him props for his career, even if it was with the faggoty Bears.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed- great career, but he's retiring because nobody will pay him what he wants. Which is fine, he's earned the right to walk away if the $$ isn't to his liking. Nothing left to prove for him- great MLB.

That being said, the NFL is better for not having him anymore because he's one of the biggest D-bags in the league. Just an all-around doucher and Bear's fans should be rejoicing to be rid of him after the comments he made last season that he plays for himself, not the fans. Last time I checked, we fans pay for the whole deal, so that seems pretty shitty to trash your own fan base like that...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Vikes, Packs, Lions are anyone else was willing to match his asking price he'd be lining up vs. the Bears this year and everyone knows it. However, you can hardly blame him. Football players play football and I'm sure it's very tough to accept your time is up when you are used to being the man for over a decade.

Great career, constant pain in the Lions asses. HOF'mer for sure.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher is one of the most arrogant, mouthy athletes in the history of pro sports and near tops on my all-time hated list. Fuck him. Go the fuck away and just STFU for once in your life! Somehow I see him pulling a major Brett Favre act over the next couple of seasons. He won't go away this easily.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher is one of the most arrogant, mouthy athletes in the history of pro sports and near tops on my all-time hated list. Fuck him. Go the fuck away and just STFU for once in your life! Somehow I see him pulling a major Brett Favre act over the next couple of seasons. He won't go away this easily.

That would be very disappointing.

dacey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best. 13 seasons...eight pro bowls. A throwback to how football used to be played. I hated watching him playing against the Lions, but I loved seeing him play the Packers and Vikings.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2: A shred of honesty and humility from this arrogant, mouthy asshole? Or is this quote completely out of context? To hear Asshole tell it, teams should be lining up to pay him whatever he decides he's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just afraid of being pancaked by Warford.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2: A shred of honesty and humility from this arrogant, mouthy asshole? Or is this quote completely out of context? To hear Asshole tell it, teams should be lining up to pay him whatever he decides he's worth.

Did Brian fuck your sister and then never returned her calls??

Why such a huge beef, with a guy that was oldschool NFL all the way?

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Brian fuck your sister and then never returned her calls??

Why such a huge beef, with a guy that was oldschool NFL all the way?

You can't tell me you didn't smiledthe day Barry retired and said fuck the Lions!! If you can, must not be as passionate as a Lion FAN!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammerdown is a Titans fan??

I am a die hard Bears fan, but if I couldn't watch the Bears back in the day, Lions were next on the list, solely because of Barry. Payton and Barry are atop the RB list IMO.
That was in my youth, and the passion was but a little bud. Now it has bloomed, and I wouldn't lose any sleep, if your team plane went down:happy:

My least favorite Lion today, is the Frenchie La Fee coach of yours. Good hire, and a good coach...just rubs me wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tell me you didn't smiledthe day Barry retired and said fuck the Lions!! If you can, must not be as passionate as a Lion FAN!!!

And actually, I was saddened by Barry's untimely retirement. Emmitt wouldn't have sniffed the record, if Barry kept going, and I'd rather see Barry have it than Emmitt, as I always felt Barry did more with less.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammerdown is a Titans fan??

I am a die hard Bears fan, but if I couldn't watch the Bears back in the day, Lions were next on the list, solely because of Barry. Payton and Barry are atop the RB list IMO.
That was in my youth, and the passion was but a little bud. Now it has bloomed, and I wouldn't lose any sleep, if your team plane went down:happy:

My least favorite Lion today, is the Frenchie La Fee coach of yours. Good hire, and a good coach...just rubs me wrong.

weirdly enough I agree with a bears fan, about Schwartz that is. hes garbage though, I disagree that hes a good coach. He lacks the ability to control his team and his ego and his emotions. Not a good coach.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good x's and o's coach....ego's too big to be effective with the players on a personal level tho

He definitely brought the Lions to a bit more of a "respected" level.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher was one of those guys you just loved to hate! And the fact he played for the Bears made it that much easier to hate the guy.

But as much as you hated him you hated having to play him! And if the Lions would have drafted him he would no doubt be one of my all time favorite Lions!

It's just what side of the stadium you sit on.

Glad to see you go bro!