• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding, ding, ding.

If the 2015 offense was worthy of dismissal now, it was worthy of dismissal in 2015. If he was serious about "treat women with respect", why did it take him so long to fire the jerk?
Due process. Like many coaches do with players, they keep the asset for as long as they can and squeeze as much use out of them while they can. If charges are never brought, great, we didn’t lose anything. If they are, they drop them as quick as possible. See Jameis Winston at FSU, or many other examples out there of this happening.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don’t get it either. Such a simple situation to solve. Report to school and put him on paid leave until it’s sorted out.

I don't get what he was thinking at media days. The media can get bent as I said but literally all he had to say was something along the lines of "I'm her to discuss my football team and nothing else"

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The letter only leaves two options. Urban and school are on the same page (and there is little to no grounds for dismissal). Or they are not on the same page and this is Urban saying he is not going down without a fight.

Gut feeling says it's option #2 and this is going to get real ugly for the athletic department.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he notified OSU higher ups of the 2015 incident like he claims..........

You really gonna fire a guy for "lying" to the media? There's no title ix clause for that, when if he is telling the truth, proper protocol was indeed followed.
Yes — he represents Ohio State. If you think he told OSU everything and then lied to the media — OSU would be in for a HUUUUGE shit storm as they’d knowingly allowed Meyer to hire a woman beater and continued to pay his salary.
The fact OSU has a title ix clause in his contract tells me two things:
1. Meyer is lying about telling OSU about Smith
2. OSU KNEW about Smith and did nothing.
If it is #2 — the penalty would be much worse than losing a coach, as OSU would have had to be lying to the NCAA in title ix documents.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due process. Like many coaches do with players, they keep the asset for as long as they can and squeeze as much use out of them while they can. If charges are never brought, great, we didn’t lose anything. If they are, they drop them as quick as possible. See Jameis Winston at FSU, or many other examples out there of this happening.
Charges being brought is a poor metric. The metric here needs to be "did he do something bad? or did he not?" It should not be "Will he be held accountable for doing something bad? or will he not?"

Further, due process doesn't take three years and a media report uncovering what the coach now claims he knew all along.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he notified OSU higher ups of the 2015 incident like he claims..........
He didn't claim he notified anybody. I claimed he followed "proper reporting procedure".

There is a gap between those two claims you could drive a Zamboni through it.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't claim he notified anybody. I claimed he followed "proper reporting procedure".

There is a gap between those two claims you could drive a Zamboni through it.

Well what more do you want other than following proper procedure?

Bug the cops by calling them again on a matter they already settled?

Or do you just want blood on the faux social justice outrage alter?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News- Gene Smith on administrative leave....- OSU

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News- Gene Smith on administrative leave....- OSU

I get a feeling at least someone is going to get fired over this. It just flipped from Urban to Gene Smith though.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Joe Mixon dropped that one girl in the restaurant?
I had nobody to troll regarding that incident, so...not sure what you're needing from me? Would a sternly worded FUCK OFF suffice?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charges being brought is a poor metric. The metric here needs to be "did he do something bad? or did he not?" It should not be "Will he be held accountable for doing something bad? or will he not?"

Further, due process doesn't take three years and a media report uncovering what the coach now claims he knew all along.
I agree that it is a poor metric, but that is the one that many programs use.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a feeling at least someone is going to get fired over this. It just flipped from Urban to Gene Smith though.
If what he says is true Urb is good to go, but the public court won’t be satisfied with a handful of scrubs getting canned

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what he says is true Urb is good to go, but the public court won’t be satisfied with a handful of scrubs getting canned

I don't think the kangaroo outrage court will be "satisfied" unless Urban is canned.

I also dont think people should be out to satisfy said court, people have given these idiots who jump to conclusions based on feels and knee jerk outrage without any actual facts WAY too much power by caving into them almost every time.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Zach Smith's turn to let his loony out. Already dropped that radio interview and going on ESPN in about 20 minutes.

I know i'm "victim shaming" here but I think it's pretty apparent that both Zach and Courtney are lunatics. Not that that gives him the right to beat her (if he indeed did)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Urban has read the letter OSU posted on his Twitter account yet?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding, ding, ding.

If the 2015 offense was worthy of dismissal now, it was worthy of dismissal in 2015. If he was serious about "treat women with respect", why did it take him so long to fire the jerk?

Nobody knows but he followed protocol and just like he did in 2009. It could fallback on the AD now

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what more do you want other than following proper procedure?
Consistency.

If proper procedure required reporting, then he should have reported it so that the procudre would end in the termination of Zach Smith. On the other hand, if procedure did not require reporting (or firing) then Zach Smith never should have been fired.

However, no one, least of all Urban Meyer, disputes that Smith should be fired for the incident in 2015, as evidenced by the fact that he was, indeed fired, once the incident came to the light of public scrutiny.

So - bottom line - this shit don't add up. Someone screwed up royally.