• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know that while at BG, Utah, and Florida Meyer opened up his home to players and did try to work with the at-risk players. I would assume this continued at Oh St. but I cannot say for sure. Commendable that he put himself and his family out there because he is not under any obligation to do so. However, there is also the risk/liability if a player keeps heading down the path they are on. Fair or not, the coach is going to get some blame for the player's actions.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should, woulda, coulda's are easy to say at this point. But I think we can all agree that good or bad, Meyer felt some loyalty to this guy

No coulda. Shoulda. Teach the guy a lesson for beating a pregnant woman. Give him the year off. Somethin

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coulda. Shoulda. Teach the guy a lesson for beating a pregnant woman. Give him the year off. Somethin
Exactly, what I said. Could have or should have doesn't really change anything at this point.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the situation Urban is in. You don't think somewhere he could have done himself a favor and gotten rid of the guy or had him get some kinda help so it doesn't come back to bite him. Plenty of people seem to have been aware of this couples toxic relationship. If you set the bar of well we only step in if someone gets arrested you leave yourself open for something like this.
Does anyone know that this didnt happen?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this shit is true, I think he should keep his job.

3e1c5606-d982-448a-8332-0116752d2161-jpeg.184253

<cap tip to @Shanemansj13>

"Our friend is a personal friend of Urban, this information supposedly came from Urban".

Wait...I thought Urbs din know nuffins?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the situation Urban is in. You don't think somewhere he could have done himself a favor and gotten rid of the guy or had him get some kinda help so it doesn't come back to bite him. Plenty of people seem to have been aware of this couples toxic relationship. If you set the bar of well we only step in if someone gets arrested you leave yourself open for something like this.
Thought it was laid out that urbs and his wife helped them get into counseling after the first episode in '09?

We have seen over and over again all across college football head coaches accused of not having enough control, or being detailed enough in the lives of their players and coaches. CFB HC's are never at rest. It's a 16+ hour a day job as it is. They have well over 100 kids and dozens of people working around the program.

There really is no reason to expect a coach to know what others are doing unless someone brings it to their attention. Doesn't matter how close they work or even if they do spend some time together outside of the facility. They just don't have the time to get into anyone elses lives nearly to the extent everyone expects.

So what we are left with is his wife probably got one text about one incident in '15 and he probably heard about it. I didn't read what exactly was in that text, but I don't know how serious the situation was laid out to be.

Again, if he's gone it is more about the public relations aspect than based of merit of what actually did happen and what he didn't do about it. There just isn't a whole lot of strong evidence there.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bitch slapped Cleveland Sports Talk guy because he said he wouldn't comment on Urban Meyer story because he doesn't have all of the details. Drunk douche is paid to say his opinions.

Not having information doesn't stop him from talking about the Browns for 4 hours every day

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bitch slapped Cleveland Sports Talk guy because he said he wouldn't comment on Urban Meyer story because he doesn't have all of the details. Drunk douche is paid to say his opinions.

Not having information doesn't stop him from talking about the Browns for 4 hours every day

Well to be fair what is there really to know about the Browns besides that they are hot garbage?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Our friend is a personal friend of Urban, this information supposedly came from Urban".

Wait...I thought Urbs din know nuffins?

I have no idea if the list is accurate or not.

Meyer told the press he didn't know anything. I'm 100% fine with that regardless of what he knew.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was laid out that urbs and his wife helped them get into counseling after the first episode in '09?

We have seen over and over again all across college football head coaches accused of not having enough control, or being detailed enough in the lives of their players and coaches. CFB HC's are never at rest. It's a 16+ hour a day job as it is. They have well over 100 kids and dozens of people working around the program.

There really is no reason to expect a coach to know what others are doing unless someone brings it to their attention. Doesn't matter how close they work or even if they do spend some time together outside of the facility. They just don't have the time to get into anyone elses lives nearly to the extent everyone expects.

So what we are left with is his wife probably got one text about one incident in '15 and he probably heard about it. I didn't read what exactly was in that text, but I don't know how serious the situation was laid out to be.

Again, if he's gone it is more about the public relations aspect than based of merit of what actually did happen and what he didn't do about it. There just isn't a whole lot of strong evidence there.

Your post makes sense for anyone but Zack Smith.

The grandson of Meyers mentor Earl Bruce. Zack Smith is like a son to the Meyers. They've known him since he was born. They took him under their wing throughout his playing days at Bowling Green and every coaching job since.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post makes sense for anyone but Zack Smith.

The grandson of Meyers mentor Earl Bruce. Zack Smith is like a son to the Meyers. They've known him since he was born. They took him under their wing throughout his playing days at Bowling Green and every coaching job since.
Doesn't change a thing from what I said IMO. I don't care if he had a room in his basement. Meyer works at least 16h a day. There is no way ANY top level HC has the time to be personally involved in anyone's business. Period. I have always found it insane that everyone expects them to. Just like I think it's really dumb to have them vote on other teams rankings. They simply don't have time to know who is great outside of the next team they are doing film on.

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett McMurphy 55 Urban Meyer 24

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change a thing from what I said IMO. I don't care if he had a room in his basement. Meyer works at least 16h a day. There is no way ANY top level HC has the time to be personally involved in anyone's business. Period. I have always found it insane that everyone expects them to. Just like I think it's really dumb to have them vote on other teams rankings. They simply don't have time to know who is great outside of the next team they are doing film on.

But Pete Carroll "should have known" that two guys living in San Diego were paying the Bush family and Bush and trying to keep it hidden. Knowing your assistant is abusing his pregnant wife after similar incident in Florida with the same guy and a laundry list of crazy ass shit going on . That's just too hard to find out about.
Signed, NCAA

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 3 of the comical fake virtue signaling social justice outrage. So exhausting.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Pete Carroll "should have known" that two guys living in San Diego were paying the Bush family and Bush and trying to keep it hidden. Knowing your assistant is abusing his pregnant wife after similar incident in Florida with the same guy and a laundry list of crazy ass shit going on . That's just too hard to find out about.
Signed, NCAA
Yes Pete should have known. Urbs on the other hand, he way too busy for this little shit he tryin to win the Natty :dhd:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Personal business" doesn't fall within the scope of a crime, it's really public business at that point. IF the guy was manhandling his old lady, Urbs is an accessory with first-hand knowledge since his wife had direct evidence from the victim....at least that's my slim legal knowledge opinion.

...and seeing how this kid (coach in question) was personally linked with the Myers', its not a good look. It looks like they went out of their way to enable possible abuse because he was a family friend.

Their only hope at this point is to make sure everyone doubts the sincerity/truthfulness of the accuser...and I'm seeing plenty of that started already on social media.

Jury is still out.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Personal business" doesn't fall within the scope of a crime, it's really public business at that point. IF the guy was manhandling his old lady, Urbs is an accessory with first-hand knowledge since his wife had direct evidence from the victim....at least that's my slim legal knowledge opinion.

...and seeing how this kid (coach in question) was personally linked with the Myers', its not a good look. It looks like they went out of their way to enable possible abuse because he was a family friend.

Their only hope at this point is to make sure everyone doubts the sincerity/truthfulness of the accuser...and I'm seeing plenty of that started already on social media.

Jury is still out.

Is it a "crime" if the police are involved and do nothing though?

The whole thing is muddied already because you have the idiot crowd who will unquestionably believe any claims without any direct evidence because it outs a person in a high position.

The special committee could come back and say they have no reasonable belief that Meyer actually knew anything and said crowd would still shout that he's guilty and cry for his head based on said pre-conclusion based on nothing but feelings and faux social justice outrage.

If they can prove he knew something and didn't follow proper protocal, I'll even agree it's proper he's let go. But most people don't want actual facts and evidence, sadly. Just blood on the social justice alter.