• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Bracketology 2.23.16

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think RPI is gonna be greatly ignored this year.

First, Joe Lunardi mentioned Marquette and Creighton as teams who could make their conference championship game and make the tourney. For MU that woulda meant Gtown and Butler and then first two games in BET. That just didn't seem remotely plausible.

Now Andy Katz said if Marquette beats SJU, Xavier and SHU then loses to Nova they may get in. Our RPI will be in the fucking 80s lol.

Now I think they are both wrong in these cases but the fact this is even mentioned makes me think some random ass teams are gonna find a way in.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think OU is a number 1 seed nor do they deserve it. Theyre a good basketball team but imo, a bit overrated. Buddy Hield is the best player in America but he can't do it all by himself. His supporting cast is above average and without Buddy, OU wins 14-16 games.

I say OU is a 2 seed. I think they make it to the sweet 16 and bounce.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think RPI is gonna be greatly ignored this year.

First, Joe Lunardi mentioned Marquette and Creighton as teams who could make their conference championship game and make the tourney. For MU that woulda meant Gtown and Butler and then first two games in BET. That just didn't seem remotely plausible.

Now Andy Katz said if Marquette beats SJU, Xavier and SHU then loses to Nova they may get in. Our RPI will be in the fucking 80s lol.

Now I think they are both wrong in these cases but the fact this is even mentioned makes me think some random ass teams are gonna find a way in.

RPI is never ignored.

For better or worse, no matter what anybody says, RPI is still the overwhelming metric used to slot teams in the tournament and seed them as well.

That's how Lunardi is able to match the committee's bracket almost to the tee.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RPI is never ignored.

For better or worse, no matter what anybody says, RPI is still the overwhelming metric used to slot teams in the tournament and seed them as well.

That's how Lunardi is able to match the committee's bracket almost to the tee.

Well lunardi was specifically quoted as saying that this will be the year the RPI cut off extends in his opinion.

So idk.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lunardi was specifically quoted as saying that this will be the year the RPI cut off extends in his opinion.

So idk.

Getting away from the RPI is almost impossible given the individual team sheets they use. Everything on those sheets is centered around the RPI(RPI itself, SOS/Non Conf. SOS, Vs. Top 25/50)

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RPI will always be used for selection. The question will be as to how much it is weighed. It's used as a baseline to show which teams are at the top of brackets, middle, and bubble. After that, the other criteria come in to help better shape the seeds and adjust position.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RPI will always be used for selection. The question will be as to how much it is weighed. It's used as a baseline to show which teams are at the top of brackets, middle, and bubble. After that, the other criteria come in to help better shape the seeds and adjust position.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. And based off the talk it sounds like the limit is going to be increased too.