• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unprofessional refs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what initiated the Williams incident, but I will say this...I coach HS baseball, and the things said to umpires even at that level is absurd. Fans go to NFL games and shout terrible things at players, but they call ref's every name in the book. Ref's of all sports take a ton of crap they don't deserve, and it's hard for me to blame them when they give it back. It's hard for me to imagine that most of what these guys would say back to players would be even one tenth of what they take. Look at the way Brady and Mallet cussed the ref's at the end of the Monday night game. They should have been knocked on their ass for talking to another man like that

UK a ref's job is to enforce the games rules to the best of his ability and make sure the game is played "civilly"

how can a ref drop a flag for "unsportsmanlike conduct " if he himself is cursing out players ? a ref and/or umpire has to be above that . he has to be above reproach , and set the example . THATS there JOB and they KNOW this when they take the field

Professional sports "isnt just a game " Millions and millions of dollars change hands and peoples jobs are on the line by good and bad calls

The ref was unprofessional if he did indeed curse out a player . Its his job to be above the fray and not a part of that type of story .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing my point. My post is assuming that the player's account is 100% accurate.

If you're suggesting the ref should not be disciplined if this claim is proven...I think you're wrong, the refs can't run renegade just as the players can't....if you're saying the action doesn't warrant being fired...I would agree.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying a ref shouldn't have to put up with the crap Brady and Mallett were saying whether they blew the call or not. Its just a freaking game, that's all it is, although most people act like it's life and death

It's not just a game to these guys. It's their profession. Costing them games is costing the individuals money.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're suggesting the ref should not be disciplined if this claim is proven...I think you're wrong, the refs can't run renegade just as the players can't....if you're saying the action doesn't warrant being fired...I would agree.

Refs are like government. An unfortunate necessity of a situation that is to be kept tame so it doesn't get out of control.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what initiated the Williams incident, but I will say this...I coach HS baseball, and the things said to umpires even at that level is absurd. Fans go to NFL games and shout terrible things at players, but they call ref's every name in the book. Ref's of all sports take a ton of crap they don't deserve, and it's hard for me to blame them when they give it back. It's hard for me to imagine that most of what these guys would say back to players would be even one tenth of what they take. Look at the way Brady and Mallet cussed the ref's at the end of the Monday night game. They should have been knocked on their ass for talking to another man like that

Give me a fucking break!

Nobody twisted this asshole's arm and demanded he be an nfl referee. If you make racist comments to one player as a ref, you need to be fired.

And while I agree that shit said to high school refs is beyond insane, the ref should penalize the shit out of the offending team for their unruly high school fans, or get out of the riffing business.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but when a Ref can flag a team 15 yards for not getting out of his way, eject guys from the game for their behavior, they need to be held to a higher standard. If this guy had an issue with what Williams said, he could have simply ejected him as he has that authority.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but when a Ref can flag a team 15 yards for not getting out of his way, eject guys from the game for their behavior, they need to be held to a higher standard. If this guy had an issue with what Williams said, he could have simply ejected him as he has that authority.

You're right, the official had the right to throw Trent out of the game. But, if this story is true, it pretty funny Trent can dish it out but not take it. I figured there are to be more to this story then just his version of events.
Who just flips out and curses at you for no reason ? Really makes you wonder about Trent. He knew they were mic up & he didnt think this would come out ?

While I'm going off ... why are these guys playing video games in the middle of the day ? 12pm on a Wed ? Shouldn't they be studying film or playbooks ... especially Fred who could be active this week. :gaah:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmmm you call a guy an "n-word " and you gripe about what the ref said ?

if true then trent has no case

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope they release these audio tapes so this can all get resolved publicly ... until then i'll reserve passing judgment

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not enough and he sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to officiate another Redskin's game in his career.