• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uniroyal Tires

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...never had luck with Michelins.

Always check the local prices on Coopers if your size exists because they're often cheaper and usually better.

The Michelins I've had performed well, but I've never gotten close to the rated mileage...normally I'm 5k-8k shy of it before I'm replacing them, and I rotate every 7500 or so miles.

More success with Cooper and on the wife's bimmer last month they $185 less for a set of 4 for a comparable tire.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Michelins I've had performed well, but I've never gotten close to the rated mileage...normally I'm 5k-8k shy of it before I'm replacing them, and I rotate every 7500 or so miles.

More success with Cooper and on the wife's bimmer last month they $185 less for a set of 4 for a comparable tire.

My Benz eats rears like candy. Doesn't matter the brand.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I usually own at least one leased car in my biz name for tax purposes. The worst thing about a lease is you always have to blow $1k on tires because they're pass the wear mark when it's ready to go back to the dealer. Sucks.

This time I'll price Nitto and Cooper. I wish I knew a local dood who'd put them on for me...I'd buy them online for half price and take them to be installed.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top three

1. Michelin Pilot Super Sport
2. Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3
3. Continental Extreme Contact DW

I had the Continental Extreme Contact DW's on my Lincoln.
GREAT tire. Wet grip, dry grip, quiet and a soft ride.
They wore pretty well but not great. But with so much grip and a soft ride there is a compromise somewhere.
I will buy a set for my SHO when the factory Pirelli's wear out.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Continental Extreme Contact DW's on my Lincoln.
GREAT tire. Wet grip, dry grip, quiet and a soft ride.
They wore pretty well but not great. But with so much grip and a soft ride there is a compromise somewhere.
I will buy a set for my SHO when the factory Pirelli's wear out.

I just put a new set of DWS 06 Contis on my S4. I had purchased the previous set 2 Julys ago. Given I commute and put on 160 km per work day, and I drive like I stole it, I was more than happy with the wear. I love twisty bits.

I might have been able to get through summer, but I got a flat 2 Thursdays ago in the AM. Drove too long before I pulled over. Could fix it as the inner sidewall had a bulge.

Cost of doing business I guess.

In winter I was running Michelin Pilot sport Winters.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put a new set of DWS 06 Contis on my S4. I had purchased the previous set 2 Julys ago. Given I commute and put on 160 km per work day, and I drive like I stole it, I was more than happy with the wear. I love twisty bits.

I might have been able to get through summer, but I got a flat 2 Thursdays ago in the AM. Drove too long before I pulled over. Could fix it as the inner sidewall had a bulge.

Cost of doing business I guess.

In winter I was running Michelin Pilot sport Winters.

Nice choices.
Myself, I would prefer the Conti DW (Dry-Wet) to the DWS (Dry-Wet-Snow) as a summer tire, but I realize you are much further north than I and if you run your summer all seasons into Oct or Nov your have already seen considerable snow. Probably a good chance of significant accumulation in Sept.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice choices.
Myself, I would prefer the Conti DW (Dry-Wet) to the DWS (Dry-Wet-Snow) as a summer tire, but I realize you are much further north than I and if you run your summer all seasons into Oct or Nov your have already seen considerable snow. Probably a good chance of significant accumulation in Sept.

We don't get a lot of snow, but the rules say you need to have snow (winter) tires Oct 1.

I don't want to put on full snow in October so that is my compromise.

They are still a very nice tire. Have them on the wife's Maxima and our MB S55 as well.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't get a lot of snow, but the rules say you need to have snow (winter) tires Oct 1.

I don't want to put on full snow in October so that is my compromise.

They are still a very nice tire. Have them on the wife's Maxima and our MB S55 as well.

Don't get a lot of snow...but always the potential I assume?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get a lot of snow...but always the potential I assume?

Some winters, nothing. Some winters 8 feet.

But I have to cross "the hump" on my commute, always possible there.

Earliest we've ever had snow I can recall was 1986? and we got a foot on Halloween.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some winters, nothing. Some winters 8 feet.

But I have to cross "the hump" on my commute, always possible there.

Earliest we've ever had snow I can recall was 1986? and we got a foot on Halloween.
Where TF do you live?
For some reason I thought it was western Canada...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where TF do you live?
For some reason I thought it was western Canada...

Balmy Vancouver Island. Was the home of a couple of nut bar teenager road killers currently on a road trip.

We do get a winter occasionally.

But we are regularly a hot spot on the news weather report.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the home of a couple of nut bar teenager road killers currently on a road trip.

giphy.gif