• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unfortunately it's starting to look like we were wrong about Rawls...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Prosise gets healthy, there should be lots of competition for the RB spot next year between Rawls, Prosise, Pope and Collins already. They all bring something different to the table and the Hawks shouldn't feel obligated to make one of them the workhorse of the group. I do think they'll draft another running back, though I don't know when they will or should do it. I don't necessarily think drafting a running back early is going to fix the running game by itself. The five guys in front of whomever is running the ball have to open up running lanes consistently or it's not gonna matter much who is carrying the ball.

I would very surprised if Pope is one of the guys competing for the job... And you're absolutely right, our OL has to be fixed first before we try to fix the running back position... No one would be successful behind this OL...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FO might draft a RB but I don't see a need for it, at least not this draft. Rawls, Procise, Pope and Collins should be good enough going into camp. They can also pick up a cheap vet on a 1 yr deal if needed. Seattle has much more pressing needs then RB position.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't ya think we should at least wait until we see what happens in the upcoming draft before you get credit for being right? And what exactly counts as "fairly high"?
I didn't mean to come across as "look at me, I was right", but I guess I did.
I would rather be dead wrong on this and have Rawls perform as he did last year.
"Fairly high" would be one of the top 3 rounds.
IMO, we need a new #1 RB. A workhorse. Procise looks stellar as the 3rd down back.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls, prosise, and pope have not shown they can stay healthy. Too risky going into next year with those 4. We basically have to draft someone as insurance.

We should have an extra 3rd, could get a good back in that round.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls, prosise, and pope have not shown they can stay healthy. Too risky going into next year with those 4. We basically have to draft someone as insurance.

We should have an extra 3rd, could get a good back in that round.
4?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins would be #4, and he hasnt proven anything.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll pick up a few compensation picks for losing B. Irvin and JR Sweezy via FA.. Should net us a 4th and 5th rounder imo... I think we lost a 5th round pick as well due to Carroll allowing the guys to hit at practice...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are predictions irvin will get us a 3rd rounder.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's battling injuries. Think he could still be a ass kicker if he can get healthy.

Agreed, I think Rawls is the guy for Seattle when he's healthy and a worthy replacement for Lynch. He has the qualities that PC and JS love in a running back. Unfortunately, his durability does look like it is starting to become an issue.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize it until the announcers mentioned it yesterday but Rawls has not played a full season in college or the pros because of injuries. That suggests to me that he is unable to stay healthy which means he cannot be our #1. I guess we really got spoiled with Beastmode. Hopefully, Prosise can come back healthy and give us a boost but like y'all have said, the O-line needs to be better for anyone to succeed. I don't see any more Barry Sanders' coming out of the woodwork any time soon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play every game during his college years, but don't think it was due to injuries. In fact I can't find any thing that says Rawls was ever injured in college in any way, Prosise on the other hand missed like the last 5 games of his senor year due to injury. Just saying.......

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls was unable to take the bull by the horns this season when it was set up for him to do so. The question is why -- injuries, lack of ability, OL, something else, a combo? To me the only guy that jumped off the screen this year was Prosise, but that's not to say none of the other guys are worth keeping around. It also doesn't mean Prosise is the long term answer. It's just been frustrating year for the ground game all around. When you consider this team has been at or neat the top of the league in rushing for 4 straight seasons coming into this year, I just don't think it's as simple as pinning it all on 1 thing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the lowest YPC for back w/ 10 plus touches on our team doesn't look too good for Rawls, when he in fact ran behind the same OL as everyone else...

upload_2017-1-3_17-50-8.png

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can find a #1 bruiser back in next years draft. He is out there, just gotta find him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 RBs wont be there in round 2. I like the kid from fsu but he is likely a first rounder. Not sure i like fournette or mcaffrey but they will both be gone as well.

OT is almost a necessity in round one, then DT, but i cant say i wont be excited if we take a stud RB in the late first.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the lowest YPC for back w/ 10 plus touches on our team doesn't look too good for Rawls, when he in fact ran behind the same OL as everyone else...
It's been pretty much a lost season for Rawls. Late start in camp due to the carryover from last year's injury, then more missed games from a couple injuries as the season went along. I'm not really sure what to think about him right now. Last season he looked fantastic, then we have this disappointing year. There are not enough data points on either side to say which is the real Rawls, but overall offensive numbers are down for us this season with the injuries and the shabby OL.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with JMR. And I'll add that he might have felt too much pressure to get back and perform. Given what else we had at running back coming into the year, it's hard to blame him for feeling it. I'd like to see what he can give us when he's healthy coming into a year and doesn't feel like he has to be Beast Mode 2.0. He'll have Prosise back there with him and even though it wasn't much, we've seen what he's capable of now too, so he shouldn't have to feel like he has to do it all by himself.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good when the line is good, but only that. When the line isn't doing well, he is non existent. There's a reason he was undrafted and we are seeing that side of him this year unfortunately. Beastmode was rare and made plays whether the line was bad or not...Rawls will not be able to do that.

Too harsh.

Both Rawls and Wilson have had difficulty behind that line.

I would not discount Rawls who is fresh off an injury behind a subpar line.