• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unfortunately it's starting to look like we were wrong about Rawls...

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good when the line is good, but only that. When the line isn't doing well, he is non existent. There's a reason he was undrafted and we are seeing that side of him this year unfortunately. Beastmode was rare and made plays whether the line was bad or not...Rawls will not be able to do that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good when the line is good, but only that. When the line isn't doing well, he is non existent. There's a reason he was undrafted and we are seeing that side of him this year unfortunately. Beastmode was rare and made plays whether the line was bad or not...Rawls will not be able to do that.
Looks like he's battling injuries. Think he could still be a ass kicker if he can get healthy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's injury prone and not really the answer to Lynch retiring. But then no one would probably ever replace a back of his caliber. Rare finds they are.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running backs are mostly a product of their OL. Our OL is simply terrrible. No two ways about it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Rawls' injury was a bruised shoulder. Assuming they don't find anything worse than that in the next day or two, I'm going to guess that he'll suit up next weekend. If he can't go, then I guess we'll get to see more of what Collins can do against the 49ers. We got so spoiled by having Lynch in the backfield for roughly five years that it's tough to watch all of the injury-related turnover we've had at the position this year. I'm not prepared to write off Rawls as "injury prone" just yet either. This season isn't over yet, obviously, but looking ahead to next season a bit, if Prosise can come back before the season at 100% I still think we can have the kind of 1-2 punch next year that some of us thought we might get with Rawls and Michael this season, with guys like Pope and Collins providing some depth. It should make for good competition with those guys next summer.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we had a decent OL it wouldnt matter all that much who is at RB. you can get a good to great RB in the mid rounds.

just look at david johnson, dude should be league MVP and he was 3rd round pick

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just after TC, I took some heat when I said we would be drafting a RB fairly high in next years draft.
IMO Rawls won't last long. We need another beast at RB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just after TC, I took some heat when I said we would be drafting a RB fairly high in next years draft.

Agreed... I never was sold on Rawls...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't ya think we should at least wait until we see what happens in the upcoming draft before you get credit for being right? And what exactly counts as "fairly high"?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't ya think we should at least wait until we see what happens in the upcoming draft before you get credit for being right? And what exactly counts as "fairly high"?

This is a poor draft with OL so I can see the team grabbing a RB w/in the first 3 rounds... Rawls injury's, along with Prosise has be a huge concern with the team because both haven't been able to stay on the field.. We could look to FA for RB's as well since they don't get the large contracts they use too 5+ years ago but I don't see much out there... E. Lacy but he's not dependable... He also has injury history... McFadden... Same thing... L. Bell but the Steelers will resign him if they're smart...

I've always wondered why we gave up on Spencer Ware so fast... He was productive when we had him...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a poor draft with OL so I can see the team grabbing a RB w/in the first 3 rounds... Rawls injury's, along with Prosise has be a huge concern with the team because both haven't been able to stay on the field.. We could look to FA for RB's as well since they don't get the large contracts they use too 5+ years ago but I don't see much out there... E. Lacy but he's not dependable... He also has injury history... McFadden... Same thing... L. Bell but the Steelers will resign him if they're smart...

I've always wondered why we gave up on Spencer Ware so fast... He was productive when we had him...
Rawls and Prosise have both been injured multiple times this season = fact. Now, does that necessarily mean we will take a RB in the first 3 rounds this draft? I'm not so sure. Certainly could, but I think it's just as likely we bring in a lower priced vet FA as an insurance policy and have a camp battle between Prosise/Rawls to see who the "starter" will be. Collins may get a look here against a really bad SF defense in week 17 as well -- not necessarily for starting considerations but to build a resume for his case as a solid backup. Our top 3 guys right now are 2 rookies and a 2nd year player; adding another early pick rookie to that group next year doesn't strike me as a PC/JS move. Now, a 5th or 6th rounder RB? Yeah, I could easily see that and wouldn't blink if it happens.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a personal level, I hope Rawls is out of the league quickly.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the o-line and Rawls will look much better.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have needs like OT, S, CB but we should have some good comp picks, at least a 3rd and maybe a 4th too. I would like to use a 3rd or 4th on a rb with size.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it wasnt that I wasnt sold on Rawls I felt given his small size injuries was going to be an issue. Even in tampa with Doug Martin he has been getting hurt, you cant depend on these 5'9'' backs to carry the ball 300x a season and work them hard. I think they are better if you want to run the committee thing but not a full time featured back. Also its my opinion that when a player gets hurt in the middle of the season and lose significant time you cant expect these guys to come back and be productive. You dont just miss 7 weeks of football and come back from rehab and start killing it. You have to have a solid OTAs then training camp and have your body ready to go for the season. I wanted to draft another back and we did with prosise but he was an injury waiting to happen too like in college.

I think we should invest in another back this offseason not that I think we should just give up on Rawls you guys do know if we release he will get picked up so quick its not even funny but I just think the RB position should be competed for next year

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Prosise gets healthy, there should be lots of competition for the RB spot next year between Rawls, Prosise, Pope and Collins already. They all bring something different to the table and the Hawks shouldn't feel obligated to make one of them the workhorse of the group. I do think they'll draft another running back, though I don't know when they will or should do it. I don't necessarily think drafting a running back early is going to fix the running game by itself. The five guys in front of whomever is running the ball have to open up running lanes consistently or it's not gonna matter much who is carrying the ball.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly am not blaming Rawls for the horrid play of the OL. No RB, not even Lynch, can be consistantly productive behind an OL as bad as the Seahawk's have had this year. At least in the past recent years we have had a good run blocking OL, even when the pass blocking continued to stink. This year it is generally both that suck.

That being said, Rawls' running style might be too much for his body to handle. I love the way that the guy initiates contact (PC described him as a bowling ball covered in razor blades) but it appears that he is going to beat himself up too much to have a long career.

Best case scenerio is to get him healthy and split carries with Procise or another back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How in the HELL can you judge Rawls based off of these games? That line is utterly attrocious. He was hit behind the line of scrimmage on nearly every carry vs LA. He had -11 yards before contact and 42 yards after. That's actually amazing, and goes to show how absurdly bad the line is.

What back could thrive behind that line when it is playing like that? None... EVER.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly am not blaming Rawls for the horrid play of the OL. No RB, not even Lynch, can be consistantly productive behind an OL as bad as the Seahawk's have had this year. At least in the past recent years we have had a good run blocking OL, even when the pass blocking continued to stink. This year it is generally both that suck.

That being said, Rawls' running style might be too much for his body to handle. I love the way that the guy initiates contact (PC described him as a bowling ball covered in razor blades) but it appears that he is going to beat himself up too much to have a long career.

Best case scenerio is to get him healthy and split carries with Procise or another back.

That being said, Rawls' running style might be too much for his body to handle.

Now this... I agree with.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should draft a back, someone LIKE coleman from the UW, not necessarily him but someone with size and power.

But OT i think is our #1 draft/FA priority.