• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undrafted > Drafted

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudfeld and Thompkins looked better than any current draftees IMO. If Sudfeld stays healthy they might have struck gold with those two players.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't see a lot of Boyce, but I thought Dobson did alright for limited decent looks. Per rotoworld he got 7 targets, but I only remember 3 as catchable. He had a drop but I'm not too worried about it. I think if we had seen more of Mallett we would have seen Dobson get some more real chances.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm extremely excited about Thopkins and Sudfeld will be a good receiver from the TE position.

Dobson looked good out there (until Tebow) The drop was a rookie-first-game-of-preseason-drop. Hit him in the pads. He will be pounded on that by the coaches during film....

Boyce looks like he needs playing time

Last edited by a moderator:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty happy from what I saw from Thompkins.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompkins looks GREAT. Sudfeld looks about the same as Dobson - some up, some down, a lot of good reasons to be excited but he's not quite there yet.

Incidentally, people need to stop comparing Sudfeld to Rob Gronkowski. He's in the Antonio Gates mold - tall, lanky, athletic, primarily a receiver. If you use 3 WRs, he's not the TE you want on the field, he's not a good enough blocker for that (compare to Rob Gronkowski, who is possibly the best receiving TE in the league and also an elite blocking TE, and that flexibility makes him an ideal choice as the only TE on the field). You want Sudfeld out there in a 2 TE set, instead; he's a better blocker than most WRs but he's still primarily a receiver.

Boyce needs time to develop. If I had to project their offensive personnel, I'd want:

WR
1. Thompkins
2. Amendola
3. Dobson
4. Edelman
5. Boyce

TE
1. Gronkowski
2a. Ballard
2b. Sudfeld
2c. Hoomanawanui
3. Fells
(To explain: Hoomanawanui gives you positional flexibility as a fullback; Ballard is your best pure blocker except maybe Gronk and is essentially another OT when you put him on the line; Sudfeld is your best pure receiving TE right now except Gronk... I think Fells is a better overall player than Hoomanawanui but I don't know when he sees the field barring injury whereas Hoomanawanui sees the field reasonably often as a fullback)

RB
1. Ridley
2. Vereen
3. Blount
4. Bolden

I excluded pure special teams players (Leon Washington, Matthew Slater).

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompkins looks GREAT. Sudfeld looks about the same as Dobson - some up, some down, a lot of good reasons to be excited but he's not quite there yet.

Incidentally, people need to stop comparing Sudfeld to Rob Gronkowski. He's in the Antonio Gates mold - tall, lanky, athletic, primarily a receiver. If you use 3 WRs, he's not the TE you want on the field, he's not a good enough blocker for that (compare to Rob Gronkowski, who is possibly the best receiving TE in the league and also an elite blocking TE, and that flexibility makes him an ideal choice as the only TE on the field). You want Sudfeld out there in a 2 TE set, instead; he's a better blocker than most WRs but he's still primarily a receiver.

Boyce needs time to develop. If I had to project their offensive personnel, I'd want:

WR
1. Thompkins
2. Amendola
3. Dobson
4. Edelman
5. Boyce

TE
1. Gronkowski
2a. Ballard
2b. Sudfeld
2c. Hoomanawanui
3. Fells
(To explain: Hoomanawanui gives you positional flexibility as a fullback; Ballard is your best pure blocker except maybe Gronk and is essentially another OT when you put him on the line; Sudfeld is your best pure receiving TE right now except Gronk... I think Fells is a better overall player than Hoomanawanui but I don't know when he sees the field barring injury whereas Hoomanawanui sees the field reasonably often as a fullback)

RB
1. Ridley
2. Vereen
3. Blount
4. Bolden

I excluded pure special teams players (Leon Washington, Matthew Slater).

Sudfeld may not be as good a blocker as Gronk but I heard someone on either NESN or UNO's Sports Tonight saying Sudfeld was the best blocking TE in this past draft. I don't know if it's true or not but I did find these predraft opinions about him:

Nevada uses the pistol offense, a shotgun-single back hybrid that is designed to be more uptempo. It's the same system Colin Kaepernick rose to stardom with.
In such an offense, the tight end has to be athletic and a good blocker, while being open to quick receptions in the red zone. Sudfeld has been able to do all of these, especially in the red zone.

When you're a tight end at Nevada, you have to know how to block, both at the line and downfield. He has a good enough rush that he can flatten a player that's slow to come off the edge, and he is able to serve as a blocker easily enough.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you about his blocking in general yet but I liked his blocking down the field on blount's long TD run. That's more effort than ability necesarily, but it still impressed me.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I saw from the WR. KT looks like are pos WR. He seemed to be open on every catch, which means he is getting separation. Dobson was wide open over the middle and had Mallet hit him , he would have been off to the races. It was better than I expected. Can't wait for Friday. This week's practice vs TB should be a little tougher. TB has better CB and S, so this could be a big week for these young kids.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I saw from the WR. KT looks like are pos WR. He seemed to be open on every catch, which means he is getting separation. Dobson was wide open over the middle and had Mallet hit him , he would have been off to the races. It was better than I expected. Can't wait for Friday. This week's practice vs TB should be a little tougher. TB has better CB and S, so this could be a big week for these young kids.

Going to school with Revis will be good for the young WR's.

Maybe our younger CB's will take note as well.