• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugly first half

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as we seem to think this offense is , it always seems to kill itself either with penalties, turnovers, or sacks. We have heard all season how we were going to run the ball. I dont know what Miami's defense is suppose to be like and dont really care- with a Witten, Dez, Williams on the field and a supposed great OLine- we should be able to gash their defense - but we dont. I think we had one run over 4 yds and that was a draw play. Romo got hit a lot which is good and bad. We had some key drops I thought with Beasley and Dunbar. I thought Williams should have made a bigger play on one of his catches. Witten cant get seem to get open. As good as Dunbar maybe matched up in a pass pattern with an LB- he is just as horrible trying to block them.

Other than that Dez and Bailey are really really good.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This being the dress rehearsal for the regular season, I think (nearly) 2-1 pass to run ratio is probably what we are going to see when the games count. So, business as usual. It's lip service when they say they want to run more -- like so many other things with this organization.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Randle play tonight?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle got hurt early covering a kick

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Williams gets cut something is wrong. He may have passed Dunbar tonight

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, thanks. I think Williams is showing he is the better runner and good enough to get some carries even if everyone is healthy. So it could be Randle fighting against the #6 WR. I expect 4 RBs and it Looks like we only go 5 WRs and probably try to get 3 onto the PS, unless the #6 guy is a better STer than Randle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Williams gets cut something is wrong. He may have passed Dunbar tonight

Dunbar's unique skill set kind of keeps him in his role regardless of how Williams looks. He's not a FT back and Williams can't compete with his explosiveness. Don't forget who these guys are playing against. Was Williams in against the Dolphins #1 defense at all?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams played about the whole 2nd half. It wasnt that he was getting holes to run through- it was just how hard he was running. He made a lot of plays. Dunbar did OK. He is just small. He was abused trying to block for Romo on third downs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've known all along he isn't going to be able to pass protect very well. If he is in it isn't to protect Romo.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. The one one thing with him in though they started blitzing an LB and it kept him in. I dont know how much you will watch but Williams picks up the blitz pretty good and has good hands.

Off topic of the RBs- I dont see how rthese officials can keep calling these penalties. It is ridiculous. Byrd made a tremendous catch for a TD but they also threw a flag. I swear the CB looked like he may have grazed him with a finger tip. I think we had about 5 of them ourselves.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic of the RBs- I dont see how rthese officials can keep calling these penalties. It is ridiculous. Byrd made a tremendous catch for a TD but they also threw a flag. I swear the CB looked like he may have grazed him with a finger tip. I think we had about 5 of them ourselves.

Yea that has really stuck out so far. This officiating is horribly unbalanced in favor of the offense. Pass defenders are going to have no chance if they implement the rules this strictly in the regular season. It's not good for the game.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Cowboy fans tend to forget that the other teams are professional too.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This being the dress rehearsal for the regular season, I think (nearly) 2-1 pass to run ratio is probably what we are going to see when the games count. So, business as usual. It's lip service when they say they want to run more -- like so many other things with this organization.

They are a pass-first team with a pass-happy head coach in a pass-happy league. Anybody that expected anything different is deluding themselves.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I expect a decline for Witten. It might not be a sharp decline, but it will be a decline nonetheless. Too much wear and tear on his body. He's only 32 but he's an old 32 with all the injuries he's played through and punishment he's taken. We need Escobar to step up and make us forgive the Cowboys for selecting him so high.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I expect a decline for Witten. It might not be a sharp decline, but it will be a decline nonetheless. Too much wear and tear on his body. He's only 32 but he's an old 32 with all the injuries he's played through and punishment he's taken. We need Escobar to step up and make us forgive the Cowboys for selecting him so high.

I think Witten has a huge year for us, but not a huge stat year. I think his decline is more that it will slow him down a little more physically. I think you will continue to see the big first down catches on the sit down routes that he has run for years. He and Romo just have such a good idea of what they want to do on those patterns. The impact of Dez needing to be doubled constantly and becoming a big 3rd down target will put Witten in one on ones every time. He can't out run anyone and won't run those seam routes any more up the middle of the defense, but he will still use his size to screen the defenders off in the middle of the field and will still be a consistent target on 3rd and short to medium. I think he and Beasley both operating in the middle of the field will lead to both having success. It may be dink and dunk, but it will help move the ball. I think Dez and Williams will be a little deeper this year in Linehan's offense and I think Escobar will run some of those seam routes that Witten used to and really using his athletic ability to take LBs down the field. So I don't think Witten is anywhere near the leading TEs stat wise, but I think we are going to see him getting a lot of important catches.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't mind trading Jason to a contender. If anyone deserves a shot at a ring, it's that stud

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tony and Garrett dont want to run. Maybe they can reach a compromise and run about 8 - 10 screens a game: This way Romo still has a chance to pad stats.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like this- if these officials are going to continue to throw flags like this it is stupid not to throw almost every play until you get a lead. One thing with our WRs though that is standing out to me is speed. As great as Dez is, its almost like he is blanketed when he catches the pass as is WItten and Williams. Running good routes will create separation as well.