• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC 170

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendricks vs Lawler for the vacated welterweight title. I like both fighters but I'll be pulling for Hendricks because he got screwed in that GSP fight. Undercard has some potentially good fights too. This is the first show in a month or two that has actually been worth watching

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick Hendricks also but wouldn't be too surprised if Lawler won by KO. Both have KO power but Hendricks is all left. Lawler can KO with both hands and that's why I believe he has a very legit chance to win this. Still think Hendricks is the better all around fighter and should win "his" belt. Should be more entertaining than 169.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Just noticed I typed 170 instead of 171. Maybe someone will change it. Oh well. GO HENDRICKS!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Just noticed I typed 170 instead of 171. Maybe someone will change it. Oh well. GO HENDRICKS!

ha well I didn't notice and followed right along and even referring to 169 when I meant 170. lol

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a great card but would have been one of the best of 2014 is Thiago didn't go batshit crazy and get arrested. This is tough night because I like both Hendricks and Lawler. I have a hunch Lawler wins a back and forth fight by decision.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just now tuning in. /Sanchez up next. I miss anything interesting?

Last edited by a moderator:

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just now tuning in. /Sanchez up next. I miss anything interesting?

Nah, pretty lame so far. Lombard took a unanimous against Shields but the fight sucked. Lombard came out blazing for the first minute of rounds 1 and 2...and then sat on the rest of the fight. Shields doesn't even look like the same fighter he was in Strikeforce.

OSP did take a very quick chokeout win in his fight though. OSP managed to chokeout his opponent while he himself was locked in a half-ass guillotine.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, pretty lame so far. Lombard took a unanimous against Shields but the fight sucked. Lombard came out blazing for the first minute of rounds 1 and 2...and then sat on the rest of the fight. Shields doesn't even look like the same fighter he was in Strikeforce.

OSP did take a very quick chokeout win in his fight though. OSP managed to chokeout his opponent while he himself was locked in a half-ass guillotine.

Thanks! Looks like its up to Hendricks and Lawler to rescue this card.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break (NPI) for Condit but Woodley is the real deal. I was a GSP fan for a minute, (before Greg Jackson converted him into an over-technical bore), but I'm excited to see the 170 lbs division get a little bit reinvigorated with guys like Ty, Hendricks, and Lawler.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break (NPI) for Condit but Woodley is the real deal. I was a GSP fan for a minute, (before Greg Jackson converted him into an over-technical bore), but I'm excited to see the 170 lbs division get a little bit reinvigorated with guys like Ty, Hendricks, and Lawler.

I am with you on GSP and how Jackson turned him into a bore. Neither Hendricks or Lawler looked like a champion to me tonight but Hendricks pulled it off.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great fight. Both guys going at it evenly matched. Hendricks won the first two rounds with Lawler getting rounds 3 and 4. And then some smart fight strategy by Hendricks going for wrestling takedowns to control the fight and steal the round. Finally, order is restored. Hendricks is champ.

Decent card overall. Pity about Condit though. Definitely some kind of ligament tear. He'll be done for awhile

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on GSP and how Jackson turned him into a bore. Neither Hendricks or Lawler looked like a champion to me tonight but Hendricks pulled it off.
Greg Jackson is doing the same thing to Jon Jones right now. Jones was one of the most exciting fighters to watch when he came up and now that he's in New Mexico....ZZZZZ.

And speaking of camps turning fighters into shit, what is with American Top Team turning their guys into straight up boxers? Robbie Lawler could've taken that fight if he trained to use more than a right jab and left hook. I think he threw one knee in all 5 rounds and that was pretty much it for the lower body. Very disappointing but I am happy Hendricks gets his due. Hendricks is definitely a closer and that goes far in MMA.

We'll see how long before GSP dusts himself off and gets back in the cage.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Jackson is doing the same thing to Jon Jones right now. Jones was one of the most exciting fighters to watch when he came up and now that he's in New Mexico....ZZZZZ.

And speaking of camps turning fighters into shit, what is with American Top Team turning their guys into straight up boxers? Robbie Lawler could've taken that fight if he trained to use more than a right jab and left hook. I think he threw one knee in all 5 rounds and that was pretty much it for the lower body. Very disappointing but I am happy Hendricks gets his due. Hendricks is definitely a closer and that goes far in MMA.

We'll see how long before GSP dusts himself off and gets back in the cage.

Couldn't agree more with all of what you said! Greg Jackson seems to teach his fighters its ONLY about retaining that belt and not about entertainment. I understand its important to retain a belt but at what cost? I don't care to watch Jones fight anymore. I watch more to see him lose.

As far as Lawler, he for sure could have done MUCH more than stand in Hendricks range and eat punches like he did. It was a decent fight but neither looked like a champion or fought like one IMO. Lawler had that belt half way around his waste had he been a little more aggressive when Hendricks was damn near out on his feet. Hendricks did finish smart and that's is what a champ needs to do but I like a champ that is a whole level above all and Hendricks doesn't seem to be that guy lately? He is still learning tho so I hope I am wrong.