• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UCLA @ Utah

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait, someone said Erickson was responsible for all those picks :laugh3:

I agree that Utah is a far more dangerous team this year than they have been since they joined the conference. They could easily upset a game or two this year.

DE is a terrible head coach but despite what I said about him this is a perfect position for him. When it comes to Xs and Os he can rival anyone in the country. Just keep him away from teaching fundamentals and instilling discipline.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erickson is one of the primary progenitors of the dominant offense in college football right now. He understands what is important in today's game. He just doesn't have the energy to handle significant responsibility, babysitting, recruiting, etc. But just for the sake of having another offensive brain around to throw ideas out there, he's a good person to have around.

Head coaching passed him by, not the game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd make it into ASU, he'd just flunk out in 2 weeks.

Yes, but even 2 weeks at All Sex U can be something you brag about for the rest of your life. Especially if you there for the panty run weekend. gawd...

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA better get it together before real competion looms

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Wilson. Four of his 6 INTs were tipped...two of them off his WRs hands. He did make an awful read on his first INT leading the TE into a zone and I think the 5 one...there were too many lol. That one just 5 yards over the WRs heads.

Despite all that, they still had a chance to win.

It's great to see good competition in this conference.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams D left lots to be desired tonight. But you can see UCLA has a lot of young pieces at D that will be freaks in another year.

Impressed with Utah tonight. Of course they are benefiting from having a real QB now. But Dennis Erickson is doing a great job with the offense overall. You can really see a difference how better they are executing at O.
Not sure I agree with your statment on D. After the first half track meet, both teams adjusted very well in the second half. The Ute offense had zero rythm due to UCLA's OLBs dominating. Also, the Ute D only had one bad play the entire second half. Hundley made them pay for it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good game. No idea how Utah managed to keep it close with all those picks.

Early in the game they were feeding York and he was producing good results, should have stuck with that. UCLA did start to key on him but I think it was a mistake getting away from that. Especially since passing was proving to be a disaster. The UTE receivers couldn't seem to get a grip on that ball after Fitzgerald made his great td catch.

...and that WAS a great catch!