• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA - Stanford

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, UCLA has Stanford coming up. If UCLA wins they have to play Oregon in the PAC 12 title game. If they lose, they get a rematch with Stanford. Does UCLA benefit from losing?

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, UCLA has Stanford coming up. If UCLA wins they have to play Oregon in the PAC 12 title game. If they lose, they get a rematch with Stanford. Does UCLA benefit from losing?

You presume that Oregon beats Oregon St. If Oregon loses and Stanford loses UCLA hosts Stanford instead of playing them at the Farm.

Oregon St. is a pretty good team and reminds me a lot of Stanford in that they are fundamentally sound and like to dominate the line of scrimmage. They also have enough speed to get to the edges. Oregon shouldn't look past the Beavers.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I was assuming Oregon clownstomps Oregon State. Lets assume Oregon does win, would UCLA want to win their game and face Oregon or would they rather have a rematch with Stanford?

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a UCLA fan I'd rather they win. Never play to match up with an opponent. I think UCLA does match up better with Stanford but no one can be sure of these things and you play to win the game. I'd rather UCLA beat Stanford and have a great shot at the Holiday Bowl than lose to Stanford and have an outside shot at beating Stanford on the road and going to the Rose Bowl.

But the Oregon game is noon local time and UCLA plays @ 3:30 so Stanford will at least know whether they need to win or not in order to make the championship game.