• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two villains this year

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most years the NBA has a team everyone but their own fans wants to see fail...the stacked Ws, the Lakers sometimes, the Heatles, etc. The villain team.

This year what if the Finals are Clippers Nets LOL...

Everyone hates them both.

And that's maybe the odds on favorite of the final 8.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, of the top 5 players in the NBA, 2 got hurt and just got bounced, 1 never made the playoffs, and the only ones left have a very good shot to face off in the Final...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, of the top 5 players in the NBA, 2 got hurt and just got bounced, 1 never made the playoffs, and the only ones left have a very good shot to face off in the Final...
2 got hurt?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the Nets, Hawks or Sixers....so I'm rooting the the Bucks to win the eastern conference.

Clippers are meh...and I don't really care for Utah or Dallas either for that matter.
If it comes down between the Suns or Nuggets against 1 of those ^....I'll go with Denver in the west.
But if it's Phoenix....I guess I'm going Jazz.

Btw: ICYMI

LA Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups, former Knicks and Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, Brooklyn Nets assistant Mike D'Antoni and Michigan's Juwan Howard are among candidates expected to be considered for the Blazers' opening, sources said.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??

Durant advanced

Giannis advanced

the likely MVP advanced

Doncic is still alive

and i guess Embiid did get hurt- but his team advanced.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at this point...regular season 27, 8 and 9

I am assuming the "one that didnt make the playoffs" that you think is top 5 is Curry- but - surprisingly (right?) - think you might be a little off on that at this point

1. Durant
2. Giannis
3. Embid
4. Doncic
5. LeBron (maybe- probably?)

could go a lot of ways after that---- id prob go Jokic, Dame, Kawhi, Curry, Harden, Davis- in that order.

I mean- Doncic's team won 42 regular season games and just pushed the Clippers to 7. At this point the writing is on the wall. Not like Dallas is loaded either. Hardaway Jr. and Porzingis? cmon now.

If I have one game to win I take Doncic and Embiid over Curry- and of course Giannis and Durant. Healthy LEBron still prob.

I mean Curry got put out of the playoffs by Ja Morant. id have Curry top 10- but scoring is really the only thing he brings to the table. I have to go more balanced at the very top. At the very top you have to be able to do multiple things and Curry has the physicality of a sculpted WNBA player.

Give Doncic 2 years and he will be #1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a series to win- I easily take Embiid and Doncic over Curry at this point (assuming all are healthy of course).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is certainly on his way too. He just went for 50 and 40 in games in that playoff series. He needs to grow more and get more consistent- but I have little doubt it will come. And as an outstanding athlete that can play both ways he is going to be one of the next great wings in the NBA

Donovan Mitchell is getting up there too.

If both havent passed Curry- which I dont think they have quite yet- they will within a year - 2 max. Curry will be 34 before he plays his next playoff game. He is still an amazing scorer- and the literally best shooter in NBA history- but at that top level not much separates guys---- all around game matters, and being 25 gives you an advantage over a guy 10 years older.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't consider AD top 5 lol
do you consider Curry top 5? I dont- i know that is a huge surprise coming from me- but I dont see that Doncic had very different help than Curry this season. Embiid is tough to grade because of the injury factor i do have to say- but assuming he is healthy i gotta put his impact on winning an NBA game over Curry at this point.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the Nets, Hawks or Sixers....so I'm rooting the the Bucks to win the eastern conference.

Clippers are meh...and I don't really care for Utah or Dallas either for that matter.
If it comes down between the Suns or Nuggets against 1 of those ^....I'll go with Denver in the west.
But if it's Phoenix....I guess I'm going Jazz.

Btw: ICYMI

LA Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups, former Knicks and Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, Brooklyn Nets assistant Mike D'Antoni and Michigan's Juwan Howard are among candidates expected to be considered for the Blazers' opening, sources said.

Damn....I just noticed you had another thread, @msgkings322
It's late...and I was drinking some bourbon earlier....lol

Maybe I should've posted my comment in that one?

Or are they pretty much 6 of 1...1/2 dozen of another?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??

Durant advanced

Giannis advanced

the likely MVP advanced

Doncic is still alive

and i guess Embiid did get hurt- but his team advanced.
Shit, Giannis. Really there's a top 7

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He is more around 8 or 9 for me

That's fair. I think that when he's healthy and engaged, AD is easily a top 5 player. The problem is, he's not healthy as often as he needs to be and when he is, he's not always as engaged as he should be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at this point...regular season 27, 8 and 9

I am assuming the "one that didnt make the playoffs" that you think is top 5 is Curry- but - surprisingly (right?) - think you might be a little off on that at this point

1. Durant
2. Giannis
3. Embid
4. Doncic
5. LeBron (maybe- probably?)

could go a lot of ways after that---- id prob go Jokic, Dame, Kawhi, Curry, Harden, Davis- in that order.

I mean- Doncic's team won 42 regular season games and just pushed the Clippers to 7. At this point the writing is on the wall. Not like Dallas is loaded either. Hardaway Jr. and Porzingis? cmon now.

If I have one game to win I take Doncic and Embiid over Curry- and of course Giannis and Durant. Healthy LEBron still prob.

I mean Curry got put out of the playoffs by Ja Morant. id have Curry top 10- but scoring is really the only thing he brings to the table. I have to go more balanced at the very top. At the very top you have to be able to do multiple things and Curry has the physicality of a sculpted WNBA player.

Give Doncic 2 years and he will be #1.
You have to be more balanced, yet have Durant #1?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is certainly on his way too. He just went for 50 and 40 in games in that playoff series. He needs to grow more and get more consistent- but I have little doubt it will come. And as an outstanding athlete that can play both ways he is going to be one of the next great wings in the NBA

Donovan Mitchell is getting up there too.

If both havent passed Curry- which I dont think they have quite yet- they will within a year - 2 max. Curry will be 34 before he plays his next playoff game. He is still an amazing scorer- and the literally best shooter in NBA history- but at that top level not much separates guys---- all around game matters, and being 25 gives you an advantage over a guy 10 years older.

You can't nix Curry for no playoffs then prop up Tatum, lol. Let's just say upper echelon and leave out the "5" qualifier.

Besides, in terms of drawing viewers, Curry and Lebron are likely top 2 as stars regardless of age.