• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two more players jump ship

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announced earlier today that Lamont West and Andrew Gordon have entered the transfer portal.

These two players join Trey Doomes and Beetle Bolden who placed their names in the portal earlier this month. Wes Harris did as well after his dismissal from the team last month.

With this, Huggy Bear is now down 6 players heading into next season.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought West could help some next year but, same time, he plays hard but is slow defensively, the rest make a lot of sense imo. Good luck to em.

I hope Haley gets moved to forward. I hate him at guard

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago, I had high hopes for next years team. They keep fading. Beetle Harris and West have all been starters and would be big contributors next year.
These guys are transferring so fast, I can’t even keep track of their names.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many newcomers... so many kids joining WVU who will be playing Div 1 basketball for the first time ever... it’s hard to turn them into something elite. Elite ball players like those that go to UK or Duke can get there sometimes... but, as we’ve seen... that ain’t a guarantee.

Oh well... Huggs is trying to ‘Fix it’. Shame will be... if he has to ‘Fix it’ again next year too...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy gettin' it Fixed!!!....:lol:

What Major program in the country runs there kids out like this?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy gettin' it Fixed!!!....:lol:

What Major program in the country runs there kids out like this?

Yeah... it happens everywhere!!

Honestly, if Huggins doesn’t fire one of his assistant coaches in the next few days... this whole situation looks even worse to me.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Huggs needs to gain control and keep his good players around. I am not sure if it is Huggs or the players realizing that they will go from starter to role player next year.

A Sags/Culver/Oscar trio will give us the best frontcourt in the conference next year. Our Guards will not be bad either. Now it looks like depth will end up being our problem. I was hoping for a return of Press Virginia, but with another thin bench, and less experience, I doubt it happens.

Before JC, it was looking like Huggs was losing touch. He then reinvented his game with Press Virginia. It was fun to watch and teams hated playing us. He seems to be back in that old rut. I hope he can bring us back again.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Huggs needs to gain control and keep his good players around. I am not sure if it is Huggs or the players realizing that they will go from starter to role player next year.

A Sags/Culver/Oscar trio will give us the best frontcourt in the conference next year. Our Guards will not be bad either. Now it looks like depth will end up being our problem. I was hoping for a return of Press Virginia, but with another thin bench, and less experience, I doubt it happens.

Before JC, it was looking like Huggs was losing touch. He then reinvented his game with Press Virginia. It was fun to watch and teams hated playing us. He seems to be back in that old rut. I hope he can bring us back again.

After this house cleaning...what decent recruit would even think about coming to Wv?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West was sure to lose his starting position next year but would have been great off the bench.

1. Going back to the first 247Sports composite rankings in 2003, West Virginia had never landed a 5-star recruit.

That changed when Oscar Tshiebwe committed on Oct. 20.

The 6'9", 250-pound center attends Kennedy Catholic High School in Pennsylvania, the same high school that current Mountaineers big man Sagaba Konate attended.

Konate figures to return for his senior season after a knee injury cut his 2018-19 campaign short after only eight games. If he does, he and Tshiebwe could form a lethal frontcourt tandem.

If not, Tshiebwe is capable of filling the void.

He racked up a double-double Wednesday with 12 points and 10 rebounds in only 18 minutes of action.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to Esa and Wes being dismissed from the team, Lamont was always a reserve. Why would it matter if he came off the bench his senior year?

I know we’ll never hear what happened with Sags this year. In the non-conference part of the season when he was a part time participant, it appeared Huggins and Nate Adrian were quite outspoken about his attitude and work ethic.

If he comes back next year, will there still be a problem with him? OT is coming... and he’s going to be better than both Sags and Culver. How will that sit with those two head cases?

Our coaching staff brought kids to be part of our program... and now the staff is pushing their kids out to make room for replacements. Are we to trust the staff this time? They just gave us the worst basketball team in the history of WVU basketball teams.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a return of Press Virginia, but with another thin bench, and less experience, I doubt it happens.

Before JC, it was looking like Huggs was losing touch. He then reinvented his game with Press Virginia. It was fun to watch and teams hated playing us. .

I want no part of a press Virginia style of defense next year unless we can get a few guards that can defend on ball like crazy and I think that's too much to ask a noob coming into this level and Big12.

Heck I thought this years team might be able to use a 2-3 effectively until Huggs called for it one game and one of the players asked who his man was (true story) :hmm:.. :laugh:

Ah well, the roster has opened up now and a bunch of the players that were on the worst team ever are now gone so.. Cant get much worse imo, lookin forward to next year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now. Next year it is Conference champs or Bust for Huggs.
I’ve been calling for this at least for the last 2-3 seasons.
While I know firing an assistant is typical, I don’t think taking out 1 will be the solution. Huggs needs to remain open minded as he was at the end of this season. The hockey substitution mentality has to stop. Who comes into the season with a team that cannot play a basic zone defense or doesn’t know to move in and out of the 3 second area?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that some changes need to be made. The defections are, as was put here, a disaster. It was a total recruiting failure. The piper needs paid.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been calling for this at least for the last 2-3 seasons.
While I know firing an assistant is typical, I don’t think taking out 1 will be the solution. Huggs needs to remain open minded as he was at the end of this season. The hockey substitution mentality has to stop. Who comes into the season with a team that cannot play a basic zone defense or doesn’t know to move in and out of the 3 second area?

Here we are just 1 week removed from one of the worst losses in the history of WVU basketball, and the staff remains intact.

I’m getting the feeling Huggins will not be replacing anyone. I really expected this to have happened by now.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are just 1 week removed from one of the worst losses in the history of WVU basketball, and the staff remains intact.

I’m getting the feeling Huggins will not be replacing anyone. I really expected this to have happened by now.

It is all on Huggs and he knows it. No need for a sacrificial lamb.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also two weeks out from beating a team that is in the final four.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3