• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like futility to me. Twinks have let quite a bit of talent get away in recent years (e.g., Cuddyer, Revere, Delmon Young, Nathan, and Liriano come to mind). Not really sure how spending big on a pretty mediocre SP is going to make up for all of that.

Huh? Delmon Young had one "good" year. Other than that, he sucked.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmon? LOL.

I'd say we let Garza get away....for Delmon.

Young might be a bad example (I didn't realize that MN traded away Garza for him), but I think that the point of my post -- that signing Nolasco to a big contract following a number of questionable personnel moves -- is probably not very productive.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like futility to me. Twinks have let quite a bit of talent get away in recent years (e.g., Cuddyer, Revere, Delmon Young, Nathan, and Liriano come to mind). Not really sure how spending big on a pretty mediocre SP is going to make up for all of that.

replace team name,the player names and replace SP with 1B and after the next 4 years, lets see how Texas handles it.

not being a dick, just saying that his contract is not good at all. Minny needs 1 pitcher to take the lead there...any veteran really but Ricky is very solid.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
replace team name,the player names and replace SP with 1B and after the next 4 years, lets see how Texas handles it.

not being a dick, just saying that his contract is not good at all. Minny needs 1 pitcher to take the lead there...any veteran really but Ricky is very solid.

I don't really follow that, but I still don't think that MN signing Nolasco is likely to help them much. Perhaps I'm wrong, but they seem to have a lot of holes to fill.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really follow that, but I still don't think that MN signing Nolasco is likely to help them much. Perhaps I'm wrong, but they seem to have a lot of holes to fill.

Nolasco is just to have a veteran presence to teach the young pitchers how it is in the majors, an extra bench coach also.

Texas getting Fielder for that amount of money and expecially for that long of contract is almost no different than if they signed Hamilton long term both are huge risks...Fielder would be hitting in Japan at 33 yrs old if it wasn't for this contract...he at least gets to stay til the end of it. Didn't Texas give up Chris Davis for a bag of chips?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins should contend by 2015, we have some great hitting prospects and as I have stated in another thread, Nolasco isn't a bad signing as long as it's not the only one. Buxton and Sano should be ready by '15 and they have a couple other hitters close to being ready and a few arms that could be ok.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins should contend by 2015, we have some great hitting prospects and as I have stated in another thread, Nolasco isn't a bad signing as long as it's not the only one. Buxton and Sano should be ready by '15 and they have a couple other hitters close to being ready and a few arms that could be ok.

Sadly, Rosario is gona be delayed a little it appears....got busted for taking illegal medicine. 50 games.