• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turcotte Article

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had forgotten about him.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of that 2019 draft that hasn't panned out at all.

5th - Turcotte, can't stay healthy. I keep reading "call him up" because Laferriere has hit the rookie wall, but I'd like to see him put in a healthy season in Ontario first. It's interesting that Blake made those comments about The Legend and being available during contract time and then traded him but he hasn't thrown up the white flag on Turcotte. Know why? Saving face, The Legend wasn't his draft pick but Turcotte is and a high 1st round pick.

22nd - Bjornfot, he will end up as a 3D if he ever becomes an NHL regular at all. Just not a good pick.

33rd - Kaliyev, he was the second pick of the 2nd round. That is extremely high, almost another 1st round pick. His stock dropped big time to where he fell out of the 1st round, now we know why. He should have been a mid 3rd or 4th round pick. Not impressed at all with him, Shane Pinto went right before him (32nd) and Bobby Brink right after (34th) and both guys are better players. Good job Yanetti.

All in all that 2019 draft doesn't look so good for LA.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little clarification on Vilardi, Blake became GM on April 10, 2017. Dumbo's staff had already done the predraft leg work all year, Vilardi was going to be their pick and fit Dumbo's player profile - big, skilled and slow, he didn't adapt at all to how the game was changing. So while Blake was at the wheel on draft day, I don't believe for one second that's who Blake actually wanted.

There was not enough time or games left to look more closely at draft eligible players, they went off the list compiled by Yanetti under Dumbo. Blake's first "real" draft was 2018 when he picked Kupari, another 1st round dud.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little clarification on Vilardi, Blake became GM on April 10, 2017. Dumbo's staff had already done the predraft leg work all year, Vilardi was going to be their pick and fit Dumbo's player profile - big, skilled and slow, he didn't adapt at all to how the game was changing. So while Blake was at the wheel on draft day, I don't believe for one second that's who Blake actually wanted.

There was not enough time or games left to look more closely at draft eligible players, they went off the list compiled by Yanetti under Dumbo. Blake's first "real" draft was 2018 when he picked Kupari, another 1st round dud.
Kings wanted Owen Tippett from what I recall of that years draft. Florida ended up drafting him right before the Kings. Also, from what I remember leading up to the 2017 draft, was that it was a very top heavy draft, and a weak draft all together. Vilardi was projected to be picked in the top 5, but teams were (rightfully so) worried about his injury history. His skill was highlighted despite his skating.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I remember all that about the 2017 draft. I think Yanetti even alluded to being irked he didn't get a chance to draft Tippett since the Panthers took him right before The Legend. Pretty weak draft overall if you look at how the players have performed overall.

Hischier (1st overall, almost forgot he was a number one pick) has been the most successful of that 1st round, otherwise there's a pretty mixed bag of results. The interesting one is Nolan Patrick at 2OA, his career may be over already since he hasn't played in basically 2 years from concussions.