• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tully ACL

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's starting at MLB this weekend.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya got to read smitty's EDIT line, Tpaul...

clue, Ihedigbo is who Kreton was referring to .... jokingly

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TP is pretty much spot on regarding Palmer. Yes, he's not the preferred MLB most would want to see there or even T. Lewis (once he's healthy). I could see Palmer getting the nod, for now, as Levy and Palmer would stay outside to cover up and help Palmer out. Palmer has the speed and athleticism to man the middle vs the run. He has lacked the instincts, to a certain degree, while in coverage. When Durant was out a few games, it was Palmer who took his place and faired pretty well. Granted that was as an OLB.

I believe it would take some time for a FA to come in and learn the playbook, all while expecting them to play close to/up to par with Tulloch. That's asking a lot. Palmer or Lewis have had all summer to learn Austin's scheme and terminology.

I didn't see much available in FA's that truly deemed worthy of bringing in and immediately placed as a starting MLB. That's just me tho.

We all have seen what has happened prior to Mayhew's in-season pick-ups. It takes time to adjust.

The above is nothing more than my opinion but I understand many poster's concerns regarding Palmer or even possibly T. Lewis.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TP is pretty much spot on regarding Palmer. Yes, he's not the preferred MLB most would want to see there or even T. Lewis (once he's healthy). I could see Palmer getting the nod, for now, as Levy and Palmer would stay outside to cover up and help Palmer out. Palmer has the speed and athleticism to man the middle vs the run. He has lacked the instincts, to a certain degree, while in coverage. When Durant was out a few games, it was Palmer who took his place and faired pretty well. Granted that was as an OLB.

I believe it would take some time for a FA to come in and learn the playbook, all while expecting them to play close to/up to par with Tulloch. That's asking a lot. Palmer or Lewis have had all summer to learn Austin's scheme and terminology.

I didn't see much available in FA's that truly deemed worthy of bringing in and immediately placed as a starting MLB. That's just me tho.

We all have seen what has happened prior to Mayhew's in-season pick-ups. It takes time to adjust.

The above is nothing more than my opinion but I understand many poster's concerns regarding Palmer or even possibly T. Lewis.

Not even a mention of Whitehead? I see him getting the nod.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the FA's I named yesterday coming in. But I'm not too concerned right now if they dont. We've had quite a few guys go down and the coaching staff has done a good job of getting the next guy ready to play. And those guys are coming in and playing up to the challenge.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention Whitehead as a replacement for Tulloch simply for the mere fact he's been so damn valuable as an OLB and rush LB. Whitehead has been decent in coverage on passing downs. Palmer has yet to prove he could outside of those replacement games for Durant. IDK.

We've been brining guys up from the P.S. (minus Reynolds) so far to replace the injured DB's and so they have had all the summer to learn that scheme/playbook/terminology.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading online it is seeming like Levy or Whitehead.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya got to read smitty's EDIT line, Tpaul...

clue, Ihedigbo is who Kreton was referring to .... jokingly

Lol, that goddamn confuses me b/c you can't quote the edit box regular style...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually suggesting Whitehead in the middle, and Palmer as the other outside LB when we're in a 4-3 base. That way Levy stays at his natural position. Whitehead was repping ahead of Palmer as the back-up MLB in camp, so that's the way I'd go with it.

Van Noy is already our future at the other OLB spot, so it makes sense to me to see if Whitehead can be the future at MLB, pending the Tully situation once, or if, he's back...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention Whitehead as a replacement for Tulloch simply for the mere fact he's been so damn valuable as an OLB and rush LB. Whitehead has been decent in coverage on passing downs. Palmer has yet to prove he could outside of those replacement games for Durant. IDK.

We've been brining guys up from the P.S. (minus Reynolds) so far to replace the injured DB's and so they have had all the summer to learn that scheme/playbook/terminology.

He can still rush from the MLB spot- Tulloch had two sacks in two and a half games from the middle. And as far as coverage on passing downs, we usually go to the nickel anyhow, so that's where the 3rd LB comes off the field. Whitehead is better in coverage then Palmer for sure, so it makes sense to have he and Levy stay out there in the nickel, imo.

I'd only want Palmer in there as a 2-down OLB. He can play the run and rush the passer if needed. Keep the seat warm for a few weeks for Van Noy...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaul..... Can this idiotic ol man claim "brain shart" for not comprehending your post.

If not, I'm still gonna use it as an excuse...

yes, you were speaking of using Palmer only as a 2 down LB'er. It would be difficult to be a 2 down MLB, now wouldn't it.... sheeeesh on me. I missed the boat more times than a bakers dozen in life.

I was attempting to keep both Whitehead and Levy at their natural positions, OLB.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about seeing Palmer much. We've been playing mostly nickel so far season, and Palmer only played 1 defensive snap on Sunday despite Tulloch going down in the 1st quarter.