• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tully ACL

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well fuck.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hurts.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it hurts, the way he hurt himself is what is painful. Shit happens, though, I guess.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be my fault. Madden 25, year 2, I traded Tully away to the Bills for a 3rd rounder. 3 days later he Gramatica's himself.

My bad.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy played MLB for us a few years back and could do it again if needed. Having Van Noy out makes this that much harder. Is this going to be a weekly occurence? Losing at least one defensive player for the year? I wonder if there is any LB's on the block that are worth a shit. Good thing the cap is already stretched so thin.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Pat Angerer signed with anyone yet?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy played MLB for us a few years back and could do it again if needed. Having Van Noy out makes this that much harder. Is this going to be a weekly occurence? Losing at least one defensive player for the year? I wonder if there is any LB's on the block that are worth a shit. Good thing the cap is already stretched so thin.

I posted a few FA's that might still be worth having.

Pat Angerer, Erin Henderson, Jonathan Vilma, Nick Barnett. Any of those guys might be worth looking at. Pat Angerer would be the top of my list if we need to sign a FA.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Grammatica thinks Tully is a dumbass.

This is a huge hit to the defense.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Barnett on that list.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we need to add anyone, imo.

Move Whitehead into the middle for the rest of the year and Palmer on the outside until Van Noy is healthy again. Whitehead was our back-up MLB in camp, and Palmer played decently well as our 3rd LB in limited duty last season, so we should be alright.

This is potentially a huge blow- Tully is a top-ten MLB any day of the week, probably pushing top-5, and our defense simply doesn't have many players that you can say that about at their respective positions. The only saving grace is that Whitehead has really flashed at times this summer, so he may step right in and match Tully's production. He's bigger and more athletic, let's just hope he has Tully's instincts and nose for the ball in the running game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Whitehead into the middle for the rest of the year

As much as I would hate to move Levy inside, when he has been playing so well at the position. After reading all the responsibilities Tulloch has on the defense side for the Lions -- I'd much rather have Levy, with his past experience there and let Whitehead move outside.

There is an article in the Freep or Detroit News today with Levy talking about Tulloch's responsibilities. I had no idea, the MLB has a special helmet in the NFL and they get the plays radioed in. I thought they got the signals from the sidelines?!? When Levy took over for Tulloch -- he had to change helmets.

I had no clue how much Tulloch was responsible for with our defense. I will try and find the article to post here. After reading it -- I had a new found respect for Tulloch. It also made me more pissed that he was injured like that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would hate to move Levy inside, when he has been playing so well at the position. After reading all the responsibilities Tulloch has on the defense side for the Lions -- I'd much rather have Levy, with his past experience there and let Whitehead move outside.

There is an article in the Freep or Detroit News today with Levy talking about Tulloch's responsibilities. I had no idea, the MLB has a special helmet in the NFL and they get the plays radioed in. I thought they got the signals from the sidelines?!? When Levy took over for Tulloch -- he had to change helmets.

I had no clue how much Tulloch was responsible for with our defense. I will try and find the article to post here. After reading it -- I had a new found respect for Tulloch. It also made me more pissed that he was injured like that.

Levy can still wear the green dot helmet and call the defense from an OLB position. It's usually the MLB doing it because he's the QB of the defense, generally speaking, but there's no rule I'm aware of requiring that player to be the middle linebacker.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we need to add anyone, imo.

Move Whitehead into the middle for the rest of the year and Palmer on the outside until Van Noy is healthy again.
I do. I don't trust Palmer to start on our D. Van Noy won't be ready til after the halfway point in the season. I don't mind Palmer coming in to spell guys that need a rest, but I'd much rather add a vet MLB that Austin would be comfortable with and keep Palmer for depth purposes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to like that post twice, but I can't.

Palmer starting is not anything I need to see. Keeps me up at night.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer is fine as a 2 down LB. He seems to be a liability in coverage, but he's stout against the run. He graded out pretty well in limited duty last year, he just didn't put up much for stats because he rarely was on the field as we were in the nickel most of last season.

For 5 more weeks I think we'd be fine with him in there until Van Noy is allowed back. The nice thing there is that his surgery recovery time was expected to be less than the 8 weeks he has to miss on the IR/Return thingy there. So, from a health standpoint at least, he should be ready to go in week nine.

Palmer isn't all-world by any stretch of the imagination, but he knows the system and can handle the run game and is athletic and fast enough to at least give the threat of blitzing. Cover up his coverage weaknesses or rotate a better coverage LB on passing downs, but overall I think he's decent enough to get us through for a bit here...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to like that post twice, but I can't.

Palmer starting is not anything I need to see. Keeps me up at night.

Might be some sleepless nights coming. With banged secondary the all game nickel is risky.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ihedigbo ever going to play?

Last edited by a moderator: