• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tubberville visitng Tech

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does iceman want Tech to hire him?

hogsfan1101

Resident Razorback Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be a little suprised if Tubbs gets the job. And I think it would be a tough sell for the administration, too.
Ruffin McNeil, the interim coach and longtime Texas Tech assistant, gave an impressive 'audition' for the job the other night in their bowl victory over Michigan State. He has publicly stated--emphatically and enthusiastically--that he'd like to be the man to take over.

Hiring him might be the only way to placate the Texas Tech fans and boosters, and put an end to some of the outragethat they have been directing toward Gerald Myers and the other powers-that-be.
They would almost certainly find him a pleasing choice (I'd think, anyway), if they can't have Leach back (as he would continue the same style and brand of football they've come to know and expect). And, of course, they already know him, and he knows them......makes for a comfy fit.

If they don't hire him, I think you can expect to hear a huge outcry from the Black Coaches Association, who are gonna want to know why he was passed over, when he's such an experienced and qualified assistant, especially when there are already so few black head coaches in Division I, and particularly in light of the job he did during the bowl game. That might prove to be another hot issue they'd have to try and handle.

Tubbs would do a good job, no doubt. I think they may have a hard time, though, turning down Ruffin McNeil. We shall see, I guess.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be content with Tubbs

i really don't want Briles... idk why, but i just don't like the idea of him at Tech

i wouldn't mind Ruffin, but idk if he's ready for a whole season... one week for one game<<<<<<<<<< a whole season in the Big 12...