• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trying to Re-sign Saffold

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a final attempt, but I commend them for doing everything they can before he hits the open market. We'll probably have to overpay a little but I'm ok with it because he can fill in for Jake Long if needed at the beginning of the season which will come in handy

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT looks like we have until Saturday the 8th to make it happen.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they probably are just seeing what he wants to give them an idea of what they would have to do to make it happen. but he will test FA if he's smart.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they probably are just seeing what he wants to give them an idea of what they would have to do to make it happen. but he will test FA if he's smart.

I think he'll be disappointed.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be disappointed.
Roger has versatility as you've eluded earlier in this thread.

He can play a variety of OL positions. That has league wide appeal jaco, so I'm not so sure he'd be disappointed!

I want to keep him, as long as the price tag ain't too outrageous. He is good for the Rams', injury thing and all!

!!Disclaimer!!

I've been traveling awhile now for work and then got stuck in Dallas for two extra days.

So I'm so far out of the loop that I'm an arrow! :lol:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger has versatility as you've eluded earlier in this thread.

He can play a variety of OL positions. That has league wide appeal jaco, so I'm not so sure he'd be disappointed!

I want to keep him, as long as the price tag ain't too outrageous. He is good for the Rams', injury thing and all!

!!Disclaimer!!

I've been traveling awhile now for work and then got stuck in Dallas for two extra days.

So I'm so far out of the loop that I'm an arrow! :lol:

I'm pointing out the fact he's been injured almost every time he steps on the field. Teams know this which will affect his price. I don't think he'll get top dollar is all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodger re-signs, he must understand he needs to get his body into an even greater state of strength and conditioning so that he is not always hurt but I see him re-signing because I think he likes playing for Fisher as do most of the players on this roster. Laurinaitus made that abundantly clear last year in several interviews.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he stays...one less hole to fill; plus he's been in the system and knows is way around. Therefore one less rookie on the line that needs to get caught up to speed of the NFL.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pointing out the fact he's been injured almost every time he steps on the field. Teams know this which will affect his price. I don't think he'll get top dollar is all.
Gotcha!

I guess I never thought he was looking for top dollar just more than what the Rams would/could fork out. I guess how much more will be a deciding factor for him.

Will it be enough for him to bolt?

Who knows:noidea:

Those type of things that retro just mentioned matter.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will affect the price some but he will still get paid. And the rams are telling him about his injuriestoo.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodger re-signs, he must understand he needs to get his body into an even greater state of strength and conditioning so that he is not always hurt but I see him re-signing because I think he likes playing for Fisher as do most of the players on this roster. Laurinaitus made that abundantly clear last year in several interviews.

That's true about players like playing for Fisher. but Rodger was not happy with the jake long signing at all.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will affect the price some but he will still get paid. And the rams are telling him about his injuriestoo.

I hope he does stay. I would love to see him start at Guard game #1

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All it takes is one team willing to overspend, most likely the Dolphins.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does stay. I would love to see him start at Guard game #1

Yes it would be nice with him at guard but if he doesn't want to play guard.. I saw an article where he doesn't even want to play Rt tackle. He wants to be and be paid to play LF tackle. We would have to pay him left tackle money to play guard if he agreed to it and I just don't see that happening. If the Rams can get that extra second round pick they should be able to get a very good guard there and pay him next to nothing.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trouble with not signing Saffold is that he has played LT, RT and guard. I understand the injury and if the dollars are such that he splits, OK. But if it is in the ballpark, it would be dumb to not at least make a consession his value when healthy.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 2:27 PM on Wed, Mar 05, 2014:
And there goes @CortFinnegan with the news the Rams have released him. Classy send off message from him, too.

just pasting this everywhere... They are working this. The next few weeks could be fun for a change