• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky over Josh Allen in round 2 ?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why but I like Kyle Allen vs Seattle.

Should be playing from behind and I like his weapons.
ian Thomas is a very athletic replacement for Olsen, CMC and Moore should get peppered with targets and both are strong YAC guys

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Minshew, Fitz, Eli and Trubisky are the only 4 who have the potential for multiple TD.

Looks like I'm leaning Fitz.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fitz going to have any WRs this week
Good point.
Eli is not a crazy option.
Well, now im back to Trubs.

Just looking for a QB who can get me at least 2 TD. Not shooting for the moon. One passing TD and 60 yards rushing isnt bad either.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, i cut Josh Allen and picked up Minshew and Trubisky.

Thanks to @SmokingMonkey for posting his defensive stats on his thread... Packers are near the bottom in pass yards allowed too. Even worse vs the run.

Still undecided but after checking the weather in GB Sunday morn, i may roll with Trubisky. Go big or go home.

If i get cold feet, i may play the juicier matchup of Minshew. But matchups dont always pan out and playing it safe can be a recipe for bland.
:noidea:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, i cut Josh Allen and picked up Minshew and Trubisky.

Thanks to @SmokingMonkey for posting his defensive stats on his thread... Packers are near the bottom in pass yards allowed too. Even worse vs the run.

Still undecided but after checking the weather in GB Sunday morn, i may roll with Trubisky. Go big or go home.

If i get cold feet, i may play the juicier matchup of Minshew. But matchups dont always pan out and playing it safe can be a recipe for bland.
:noidea:

I'm kinda glad that someone else is racking their brain with a similar decision, the whole misery loves company and all.

Now I have to decide if I follow suit or go down a different rabbit hole. I cut evan engram and added rivers as my alternate plan, hahaha

So I'm deciding between kyle Allen, rivers, and minshew who is still a FA.

Think I'm sticking with Allen, rivers sees Oakland in wk16, so if minshew ends up having a good day vs Oakland, I'll go phillip next wk

There's some flawed logic for ya there!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say, still think Eli is best.

Jags may have totally given up on the season. Trubisky May be the worst starting QB in the NFL, non Haskins division. Also, GB is better against the pass than the run.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if minshew ends up having a good day vs Oakland
Just to note this will be the last home game in Oakland before the Raiders move to Las Vegas.... the Raiders may be jacked up for this game... i may change my mind and avoid the situation.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky May be the worst starting QB in the NFL, non Haskins division. Also, GB is better against the pass than the run.
I value your opinion T, but i think your hatred for Trubs is guiding you here. None of these QB are good. But Trubs has the potential to give me some rushing yardage and multiple TD. Even if things go bad for the Bears there is the potential for garbage time stats.

Fitz is still out there too.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I value your opinion T, but i think your hatred for Trubs is guiding you here. None of these QB are good. But Trubs has the potential to give me some rushing yardage and multiple TD. Even if things go bad for the Bears there is the potential for garbage time stats.

Fitz is still out there too.

If parker is a go, Fitz might be the best of them. Best RB is a passing down guy, all giants CBs are rookies!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If parker is a go, Fitz might be the best of them. Best RB is a passing down guy, all giants CBs are rookies!
The other thing i thought about is, which QB has a lower risk of being yanked?

If Eli falters he is gone.
If Fitz throws 3 picks in the first half, is he gone? (He is due. Has not had his annual 4-pick game yet.)
If Minshew runs into a Raiders last-home-game frenzy, does Foles spell him?
Bad or not, the Bears will keep Trubs in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing i thought about is, which QB has a lower risk of being yanked?

If Eli falters he is gone.
If Fitz throws 3 picks in the first half, is he gone? (He is due. Has not had his annual 4-pick game yet.)
If Minshew runs into a Raiders last-home-game frenzy, does Foles spell him?
Bad or not, the Bears will keep Trubs in.

Who is Eli getting yanked for?

He has a great matchup at home. Danny Jones is out and the Dolphins have been scoring pretty well lately. This could be a shootout with 2 bad defenses.

The fans are going to want the Eli farewell tour here.

And while Trubisky will play the whole game, he has a very low floor playing @Lambeau Field in December.

Also consider when these 2 teams met earlier this season, he had 228 scoreless yards on 45 attempts.

Trubisky is a really bad option. I wouldn’t touch Minshew either though.

My decision would be between Eli and Fitz.