• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Knight and Derrick Henry: two memorable ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... performances by a couple of freshman. Seems to me that Alabama panicked and got away from pounding Henry when they got down by two TDs in the second half; otherwise, that could have been an even greater game.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad ass games by both those young men

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad ass games by both those young men

No doubt, particularly Knight. Were I a 'Bama fan, though, I think I would be pretty disappointed that Henry got only nine touches. No reason for 'Bama to have not used him more in the second half.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, particularly Knight. Were I a 'Bama fan, though, I think I would be pretty disappointed that Henry got only nine touches. No reason for 'Bama to have not used him more in the second half.

Agreed. That guy was tearing us up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Knight is going to get his wiener roasted tonight

...and you can take that to the bank. :omg:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Henry is a freaking beast, but damn, TK played his ass off and showed us all why the coaches pegged him as the starter.

Great futures ahead for both of these young men, no doubt.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are use to our lame OC wanting to be a pass first team. Our run/pass balance stat is misleading. All year we have been a pass first team and when it fails we start running the ball. Once the run game gets us back in the game we go back to pass first.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Henry is a freaking beast, but damn, TK played his ass off and showed us all why the coaches pegged him as the starter.

Great futures ahead for both of these young men, no doubt.

Knight was obviously very impressive. Made a lot of good throws on the run while avoiding pressure. Also showed the ability to deliver deep strikes down field from inside the pocket. Huge game for a freshman on a big stage against a quality opponent.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are use to our lame OC wanting to be a pass first team. Our run/pass balance stat is misleading. All year we have been a pass first team and when it fails we start running the ball. Once the run game gets us back in the game we go back to pass first.

In the OC's defense, the o-line could not run block for shit this year, they did good to pass block most games. I hope we get this fixed for next year as i would like to see Henry and Yeldon tear up the college world with 100+ yards a game apiece and propel us to atleast a chance at the SECCG.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, 'Bama has some good receivers and AJ is a good QB, so I can see why it might be tempting to try and go pass heavy sometimes. In the game tonight, however, it definitely looked to me as if the Oklahoma defense was better prepared to defend the passing game, particularly in the second half, than they were the run. I really think that 'Bama might have won tonight had they leaned more heavily on Henry in the second half. Just my opinion and hind sight is 20-20.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 'Bama has some good receivers and AJ is a good QB, so I can see why it might be tempting to try and go pass heavy sometimes. In the game tonight, however, it definitely looked to me as if the Oklahoma defense was better prepared to defend the passing game, particularly in the second half, than they were the run. I really think that 'Bama might have won tonight had they leaned more heavily on Henry in the second half. Just my opinion and hind sight is 20-20.

OU's defense gave up passes over 50 yards three times in the game. One for a touchdown. Didn't play that great against the pass really, but getting pressure on McCarron helped out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's defense gave up passes over 50 yards three times in the game. One for a touchdown. Didn't play that great against the pass really, but getting pressure on McCarron helped out.

Two of those long passes were in the first half, though, right? And the third was the little swing pass (which is basically a run) that Henry took to the house? All of those sacks in the second half also speak to OU "defending the pass, particularly in the second half", right?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said that when he came in the game in the second quarter that we should lean on him for a few quarters and give the passing game a break. We were uncharacteristic all night for some reason and i am not sure why. Hopefully Saban looks back at this and the Auburn game to see where he failed us this year because he cost us both games due to not being who we are...a running team with a good passing game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of those long passes were in the first half, though, right? And the third was the little swing pass (which is basically a run) that Henry took to the house? All of those sacks in the second half also speak to OU "defending the pass, particularly in the second half", right?

Gotta agree, those were coverage sacks.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they were all in the 1st half, 53, 63, and 67 for the TD. That isn't playing the pass very well, though to be honest poor tackling on the first two were more to blame for the yardage than the pass.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they were all in the 1st half, 53, 63, and 67 for the TD. That isn't playing the pass very well, though to be honest poor tackling on the first two were more to blame for the yardage than the pass.

Well, that was my point in my post that you quoted. OU defended the pass better than the run, "particularly in the second half", when 'Bama, in my opinion, would clearly have been better off feeding Henry.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One half of bad defense can get you beat and beat badly, I've seen enough OU/Texas games to know that. OU was just able to keep pace until they finally got a lead and held on.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One half of bad defense can get you beat and beat badly, I've seen enough OU/Texas games to know that. OU was just able to keep pace until they finally got a lead and held on.

I'm not trying to undermine the OU win at all. They played great. Particularly impressive was the freshman QB Knight. I just think that 'Bama could have made more of a game of it had they used Henry more than they did. To me, they seemed to panic and try to throw the ball more than should have in the second half.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say is if that is the real Trevor Knight and he will play like that consistently OU will definitely be a title contender! Damn, it's been a while since I've seen so many perfectly thrown balls and not by the Senior! While out runner-up Heisman candidate was panicking Knight was cool calm and collective.

As for Henry, I'm wondering why we didn't see him more this year. You don't break a 50 plus year high school record for total yards without being talented! Next year is very hazy for me with Alabama. No clue what Bama will be like. I just have to believe good with all the great recruiting years. Maybe y'all can share Knight and we can share Henry when they play at different times! :suds: