• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfers

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Dustin Garrison is going to transfer. Not surprising as it was his senior year and he would be 5th on the depth chart. He needs to go to Houston as a graduate transfer or down a level to play near his family his last season.

This does hurt the depth a little for WVU because they have only signed 1 RB in the last 2 years. They will have 4 scholarship guys (Shell, Smallwood, Buie, and TW) and 1 walk-on from Texas. In a pinch they could use Elijah Wellman as a power runner. The real issue is cobbling together a scout team RB group.

I think WVU is not at 89 scholarships and creeping towards the magical number of 85. If I had to a do a bracketology and pick the next 4 out I would say

1.QB Millard (if he is not the starter)

2.FB Hope (he is playing baseball but only has 1 AB in 6 games)

3.LB Bruce (if he is not in the 2 deep at the end of spring)

4.WR Myers (See Bruce)

Ferns and Bosch will have to sit out a year.

Ardnt and Lewis are not scholarship guys but are walk-ons that contribute. If WVU gets below 85 scholarships, look for DH to give these guys 1 year scholarships.

QB:Howard, 3

Crest, 1

Milliard, 5

Sills, 1

Chugunov, 1

RB: Shell, 3

Smallwood, 3

Thomas-Williams, 1

Buie, 5

FB: Clay, 5

Wellman, 2

Hope, 4

Ferns, 1

Wolfley, 1

WR: Gibson, 2

Davis, 3

Mathis, 3

Rogers, 1

Durante, 1

White, 1

IR:Thompson, 4

Shorts, 3

Marcellus, 2

Parker, 1

Myers, 5

Jennings, 1

LT: Pankey, 3

Haughton-James, 5

Townes, 3

Dowdy, 1

LG: Matteo, 3

Brown, 1

Bosch, 3

C: Orlosky, 3

Underwood, 5

Seider, 1

RG:Lingafetler, 2

Tezeno, 2

Jones, 1

RT: Lucas, 5

Lazard, 2

Cajuste, 1

McKivitz, 1

CB: Worley, 3

Myers, 4

Kyeremeh, 3

Douglas, 3

Adams, 1

CB:Chestnut, 5

Rumph 4

Richardson, 5

Cole, 1

Adams, 1

DE:Nwachukwu, 3

Kinsey, 4

Fields, 1

Pegues, 3,

Lewis, 2

NT: Rose, 5

Howard, 3

Angus, 1

Shriner, 1

DE: Brown, 3

Jefferson, 3

Owens, 1

Shuler, 1

LB: Kwiatkoski, 5

Bruce, 5

Preston, 2

Gross, 2

Long, 1

MLB:Barber, 5

Benton, 2

Ardnt, 3

LB: Petteway, 5

Muldrow, 5

Walters, 3

Christian, 2

SS: Joseph, 4

Harper, 3

Greaves, 2

Williams, 1

SS: Dillon, 4

Wilson, 5

Lindsay, 1

FS: Henry, 2

Tyler, 3

Funderburk, 1

K: Lambert, 3

P: O’Toole, 4

LS: DePalma, 4

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Isaiah Bruce? He was a solid player a couple of years ago.

Played in all 13 games at Sam linebacker, starting 12
- Named Freshman All-American (collegefootballnews.com, FoxSports.com, Phil Steele)
- Named All-Big 12 Conference Second Team (San Antonio Express-News) and Honorable Mention (AP)
- Ranked No. 12 in the Big 12 in total tackles and tied for No. 6 in fumbles recovered
- Led WVU in assisted tackles (43) and tied for the lead in fumbles recovered (2) and interceptions (2); also was second in total tackles
(94), third in solo tackles (51) and fourth in tackles for loss (6.5)

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Isaiah Bruce? He was a solid player a couple of years ago.

Played in all 13 games at Sam linebacker, starting 12
- Named Freshman All-American (collegefootballnews.com, FoxSports.com, Phil Steele)
- Named All-Big 12 Conference Second Team (San Antonio Express-News) and Honorable Mention (AP)
- Ranked No. 12 in the Big 12 in total tackles and tied for No. 6 in fumbles recovered
- Led WVU in assisted tackles (43) and tied for the lead in fumbles recovered (2) and interceptions (2); also was second in total tackles
(94), third in solo tackles (51) and fourth in tackles for loss (6.5)

Good question....could be a couple of things, here are some of my guesses.

1. Was forced into action that first year cause of depth
2. Did not progress like other players brought in at same time
3. Never really recovered from position change when we went to 3-4
4. not earning the time in practice (when he plays he does a decent job in games)

I had high hopes for this kid, hope he can right his ship and get back in the game. Going to be hard with Nick K on the team.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Buie is another player who will look to transfer/not be given a schollie for next season.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Buie is another player who will look to transfer/not be given a schollie for next season.

We are going to go from being loaded with depth to none at all.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to go from being loaded with depth to none at all.

Honestly, I kid like Shell needs to touch the ball 20 times a game to have an impact...One of the criticisms I had last year was Dana trying to take care of too many players...Ride the #1 guy as long has u can..then send in the next man up.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I kid like Shell needs to touch the ball 20 times a game to have an impact...One of the criticisms I had last year was Dana trying to take care of too many players...Ride the #1 guy as long has u can..then send in the next man up.

Yeah but he has already had durability issues...if Buie leaves that is only three on the team unless I am forgetting someone.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. RB's need to get into a rhythm... and the way WVU utilized the backs last year had to have an impact on them. It seemed at year's end... Dana abandoned the 5 RB rotation.

One of the issues affecting Shell and Smallwood was their tendency to put the ball on the ground. Most of these were a result of trying to extend the play to get that extra yard. It left the ball less protected/secure.

I don't think it is fair to say Shell has durability issues. Some injuries are more difficult to recover... think back to Noel's ankle injury his senior year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is fair to say Shell has durability issues. Some injuries are more difficult to recover... think back to Noel's ankle injury his senior year.

Yeah that year Noel had durability issues lol I am hoping Buie does not go, I think he still has a lot to offer.

You know we may not even be at this point if we had a practice field that was worth a sh$t...this kid had a ton of potential after his Frosh year...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Nehlen and Rich Rodriguez won plenty of games with the current practice field. Quit making excuses...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he has already had durability issues...if Buie leaves that is only three on the team unless I am forgetting someone.

Well I use Shell as the example here because he is the current #1 back..whether its Shell or whoever the top dog is they should get the bulk of the carries...I think you only need to be 3 deep....