• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2012-2013

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late last night, after the evening practice, I was talking with a source about the small forward competition. This source, who I trust and has seen every second of practice, said rookie Harrison Barnes has been special the first two practices. He went as far as saying “it’s Harrison Barnes’ job to lose.” Coming from him, it says something. Trust me.

Uh Oh, Looks Like Harrison Barnes Isn’t Ready to Hand Over Starting Job - Inside the Warriors - with Marcus Thompson

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry will make 2012-13 debut vs. Jazz

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Barnes is competing but I still stick by Jefferson starting over Barnes. By allowing Barnes to come off the bench and be a top option, it gives him more room for growth. Having him be a starter on this team pretty much relegates him to a 5th option at all times. I'd rather he start developing a nasty streak off the bench in terms of having to produce rather than try to just simply fit in amongst the go-to players. I don't want him to get into a mode of having to settle for being the spot up shooter, rather than a true play maker, which we hope him to be in the future.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Barnes is competing but I still stick by Jefferson starting over Barnes. By allowing Barnes to come off the bench and be a top option, it gives him more room for growth. Having him be a starter on this team pretty much relegates him to a 5th option at all times. I'd rather he start developing a nasty streak off the bench in terms of having to produce rather than try to just simply fit in amongst the go-to players. I don't want him to get into a mode of having to settle for being the spot up shooter, rather than a true play maker, which we hope him to be in the future.

So much this, but getting worked into the starting rotation around game 30 wouldn't bother me. He is certainly going to have to learn his role with that bunch in the next two years. Excellent problem to have. Depth!

EDIT: NBA-caliber Depth!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latvian Tax on the injury report. Shocker.