• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Thread

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West basically says Golden State not taking Drummond | ProBasketballTalk

“We don’t want a player you’re going to have to wait on for two years,” West said on Chronicle Live. “We want someone who can play right away.”

That’s not Drummond. West wouldn’t say anything directly (he’s not saying much, he’s too smart for that) but seemed to back it up the no Drummond theory with this quote.

“Let me tell you something, the most difficult players to find are dirty-work players,” West said. “And I don’t mean that in the sense of beating people up. I mean that every single night you know they’re going to compete.

“One of the things, I think, this team really lacks is toughness. This year we’re going to get some toughness.”

Sounds like they want Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, but he’s not falling to No. 7. Maybe they can get Dion Waiters to fall to them, Harrison Barnes is a long shot but not impossible.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefaced it with the word rumor because I didn't consider it in the same class as a report like our beat guys or media heads throw out there because they have sources. I do consider it in a class above some booger eater on twitter saying BS though. The sixers board have threads dedicated for that poster because I assume he's their version of jr23. Otherwise they would be clowning him and telling I'm to kick rocks. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem at all, Ray. I trust you. Everyone here is knowledgeable, reliable and respectful. I just aim to keep it that way. There are, obviously, no requirements to posting, but sources are appreciated. A quick sentence about why you think each certain source is reliable would be helpful, too. Thanks for contributing. The most exciting day to be a Warriors' fan each year is upon us!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't finish reading your post, I just needed to respond from this point.

The whole thing came to the surface after the poster responded to the other posters "word is". That "word is" came from a guy that said someone on the Sixers forum had inside info. That was shot down in a snobish manner because of what he doesn't consider credible. Nobody asked him for his opinion was my point. Nobody cares what he considers credible. That info was passed along for entertainment. It wasn't the first or second time I seen him trying to shoot stuff down. I was just trying to figure out what or who made his feelings the right expression? It was starting to come off as rude.

I didn't get that feeling from Chuck, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. You're completely correct that this is all for entertainment, and I'm glad that we can be respectful about disagreements. Requesting a source might solely be for each poster's information, and belittling a source is up to interpretation. We function on a different level from most fans, so solid information is important to our discussions. Either way, we all know to take the internet with a few grains of salt. In the mean time, bring me MKG! ;)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor:

In an effort to open up a roster spot, San Antonio is reportedly shopping DeJuan Blair and they may have a taker from the Western Conference.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported the news first this morning, and Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com followed that up with this tweet suggesting that Golden State is interested in the powerful 6-foot-7 forward. The big question is what it will take to complete the deal. The Warriors have four draft picks that they can use in negotiations, including the No. 30 pick they acquired from the Spurs in March's Richard Jefferson-Stephen Jackson deal.

If the Warriors and Spurs can strike a deal, it could be a deal that benefits both teams -- and that's what trades are supposed to do, right? Golden State would get a cheap, experienced rebounder to play behind David Lee at the four, while San Antonio would gain a roster spot for one of their earlier European draft picks like Erazem Lorbek to come over next season.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Chad Ford has the Warriors passing on Barnes and picking Waiters at 7. Has he fallen for the Dubs' smokescreen? I know The Logo likes Waiters ability to get to the basket, but does he like it more than Harrison's D and watching Bogut try to clean up the mess of Curry-Waiters-Thompson-Lee? If that is the pick, they might as well bring back Nellie.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another rumor:

In an effort to open up a roster spot, San Antonio is reportedly shopping DeJuan Blair and they may have a taker from the Western Conference.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported the news first this morning, and Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com followed that up with this tweet suggesting that Golden State is interested in the powerful 6-foot-7 forward. The big question is what it will take to complete the deal. The Warriors have four draft picks that they can use in negotiations, including the No. 30 pick they acquired from the Spurs in March's Richard Jefferson-Stephen Jackson deal.

If the Warriors and Spurs can strike a deal, it could be a deal that benefits both teams -- and that's what trades are supposed to do, right? Golden State would get a cheap, experienced rebounder to play behind David Lee at the four, while San Antonio would gain a roster spot for one of their earlier European draft picks like Erazem Lorbek to come over next season.

I wouldn't offer the Spurs a first-round pick for Blair. I would offer them the #35 pick. Most mocks have Drew Gordon available in the second when the Warriors pick. I would rather see them take Gordon in the second round than give up a first for Blair. If the choice is between Gordon and Blair with the #35 pick, I take Blair because he's been in the NBA already and knows what it takes.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently, Chad Ford has the Warriors passing on Barnes and picking Waiters at 7. Has he fallen for the Dubs' smokescreen? I know The Logo likes Waiters ability to get to the basket, but does he like it more than Harrison's D and watching Bogut try to clean up the mess of Curry-Waiters-Thompson-Lee? If that is the pick, they might as well bring back Nellie.

I really wish I could rep you.

Chad Ford is an idiot.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj reporting that teams trying to trade into the Lottery are going after the 5th (Kings and 7th (Warriors) picks, and both will be "on the clock" decisions. Nothing really surprising here, but adds to the potential smoke screen of Dion Waiters and others.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a rumor that the Celtics are trying hard to get into the lottery to take Austin Rivers. If the Celtics approached with an offer of Bradley, 21st and 22nd Picks, do you deal the 7th for it?

Edit: Boston seems to be having trouble because they don't want to include Bradley in any trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't offer the Spurs a first-round pick for Blair. I would offer them the #35 pick. Most mocks have Drew Gordon available in the second when the Warriors pick. I would rather see them take Gordon in the second round than give up a first for Blair. If the choice is between Gordon and Blair with the #35 pick, I take Blair because he's been in the NBA already and knows what it takes.

If the Spurs want to open a roster spot then wouldn't it make more sense for a non-guaranteed 2nd rounder?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs want to open a roster spot then wouldn't it make more sense for a non-guaranteed 2nd rounder?

The Spurs have been notoriously good with their overseas scouting and would probably most benefit from picking a Euro player and letting him stay overseas. Better than getting a 2nd round pick and essentially cutting the guy if they don't like him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have spoken to Warriors and Rockets about swapping Varejao for the 7th or 12th picks.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have spoken to Warriors and Rockets about swapping Varejao for the 7th or 12th picks.

Pretty interesting. Take Biedrins, and add the 24th pick, and I'm a bit intrigued.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Spurs have been notoriously good with their overseas scouting and would probably most benefit from picking a Euro player and letting him stay overseas. Better than getting a 2nd round pick and essentially cutting the guy if they don't like him.

Exactly. And there are quite a few Euros who will be there at 35 when the Warriors pick.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Ws revisit a possible Howard trade?

Bogut
Thompson or Curry for Howard
Wright

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Ws revisit a possible Howard trade?

Bogut
Thompson or Curry for Howard
Wright

Right now I wouldn't want to do anything incorporating a deal for Howard. He's borderline bipolar now with his trade demands, etc. First he demands a trade, when he's not trade, then he opts in and says he wants to play for the Magic, then he wants to be traded again. He's dominant on the court but pretty much now a cancer to a locker room. With all the changes to the culture that management has made, I'd want to build on our foundation rather than take a guy who could potentially blow everything up.