• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade thoughts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am looking at my team I got tons of injuries and guys are starting to come back. Only problem is I don't want to drop the guys I added while they were injured. Chisenhall, Dickerson, Wong, Teixeira all being additions I have made from all the injuries I have had. Right now I have enough pitchers that I can cover the 12 starts per week maximum that our league allows. I have Taillon who won't be able to help me out this year and may not be up till late next year if he does well when he comes back. I also have Harang who has already regressed and he is giving up a lot of BB's. So my idea is to trade Taillon and Harang for something I can use this year. One of the managers in my league said he needs starting pitchers so I thought of some trade ideas. He has Heaney so I thought maybe to offer Harang and Taillon for him because I believe Heaney should be up this year and it would open up an extra roster spot to allow me to bring some guys off DL. My only concern is selling Taillon so low. I think he could be better than Cole but Taillon hasn't shown that in the minors before he was hurt. So what do I do? This is not a trade proposal. This is just a post to get ideas from others to figure out what they think I should do. I've offered Harang, Teixeira to the league for draft picks so waiting for responses on that.

This is a 12 team H2H dynasty league. QS, ERA, WHIP, K, SV / AVG, HR, RBI, R, SB

Master Batters - Free Fantasy Baseball - ESPN

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is no such thing as selling low on a prospect pitcher. So many arms end up busting all together. Taillon could be great, or he could be worthless. I do not think that he is any better than Heaney, so if you can turn Harang and Taillon into a healthy prospect with similar upside, I can't see why that would not be good for you.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good idea, might work, I guess it depends on who you get...love all your additions except Tex- I would punt him over Taillon though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teix is going to be hard to sell. Too injury prone and most teams already have solid 1b. I recently traded Morneau to a team who needed 1b so Teix I may have to just drop so I can take Votto off DL. I'll post more thoughts once I get home this is just a brief response.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taillon is so far away, and you never know what will happen between now and then, so I think trading him for Heaney is a gift. If not, I wouldn't hesitate dropping Harang... so yeah, do what you're doing and see who bites.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taillon is so far away, and you never know what will happen between now and then, so I think trading him for Heaney is a gift. If not, I wouldn't hesitate dropping Harang... so yeah, do what you're doing and see who bites.

Well I would love to have the upside Taillon could offer because it is very difficult to find pitching in my league. However the time it could take to get that is the downside.

My league is very shallow in pitching so me dropping Harang would be a mistake. He is still getting me K's/QS so I am happy with him for now but I know it is going to come where he will be waiver wire fodder. I am just trying to sell him now for atleast a draft pick or package him with someone to upgrade a little at my SP. One league manager picked up K. Morales off FA pool so trading Teix to him is probably now a dead end. Anyways thanks for the responses guys keep them coming and if you want you can look at my team and offer some advice on some concerns you may see with my team. Link is in first post.