• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade pending league approval

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receiving:
CJ Spiller
TY Hilton

Sending away:
Frank Gore
Dwayne Bowe

Rest of my team:
QB: Russell Wilson, Terrell Pryor
RB: Ray Rice, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Hillman
WR: AJ Green, Wes Welker, Donnie Avery, Jerome Simpson
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Heath Miller
K: Alex Henery
D: Seattle

Bowe was killing me this year. I had picked him up in a trade earlier just to balance out the roster swap, and I was getting ready to let him go anyway. I'm only carrying 2 TE's this week due to ATL's bye.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly is the question?? Fair trade? If so, I think sending away Gore & Bowe is a mistake. Gore is far better than Spiller. I don't have any opinion on Bowe/Hilton. Both seem pretty hot & cold to me. I know Bowe hasn't done much, but at least he has potential. It will be a matter of time before he finally hits paydirt. Hilton is the same, but he is slightly better IMO.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this one a lot more than the trade for Peyton. Hilton is better than Bowe and Spiller could easily be better than Gore the rest of the way. The only issue is that Gore is a steadier producer; Spiller will have great games and bad games.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly is the question?? Fair trade? If so, I think sending away Gore & Bowe is a mistake. Gore is far better than Spiller. I don't have any opinion on Bowe/Hilton. Both seem pretty hot & cold to me. I know Bowe hasn't done much, but at least he has potential. It will be a matter of time before he finally hits paydirt. Hilton is the same, but he is slightly better IMO.

I was kind of thinking the opposite... but...
Spiller will have great games and bad games.

I think Hilton's upside is much higher than that of Bowe's.

thumbs up on the deal from me

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with TKO, only way that I say Bowe has more potential is if Alex Smith gets canned because of winning too many games on 2 teams in a row. Doubt KC makes the same boneheaded mistake that SF made. Go ahead and temper all Bowe expectations, since we all know Smith can't throw to outside receivers.

As for Spiller/Gore debate, if SF keeps resting Gore in the 2nd half, he should stay healthy all year. Maybe lost a little there, but Spiller could win a few weeks for you, where Gore's steady 12-15pts per week probably won't be missed that much. Just need to find a way for Spiller to start stealing some of FJax's TDs!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, was just looking for opinions. The reason I was ready to dump Bowe is for the reason mentioned below; Alex Smith can't hit down field receivers, look at what Donnie Avery has done compared to Bowe. With Spiller and Hilton, I am almost guaranteed to get at least 10 points out of each one every week. The same can not be said for Gore and Bowe.