• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade options

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get a high 2nd for Cousins I would say do it b/c we are stuck with RG3 b/c of all the picks we gave up and all of his hype. A second and 4th in the same draft would be breaking the bank in my opinion. If we get a 3rd for Helu I would do it in a heartbeat b/c backup 3rd down RB's are easily replaced.

Two high 2nd round picks and two high 3rd round picks should net four starters for our team. ILB, WR, RT, and CB should be addressed. We could get some decent players with those picks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get a high 2nd for Cousins I would say do it b/c we are stuck with RG3 b/c of all the picks we gave up and all of his hype. A second and 4th in the same draft would be breaking the bank in my opinion. If we get a 3rd for Helu I would do it in a heartbeat b/c backup 3rd down RB's are easily replaced.

Two high 2nd round picks and two high 3rd round picks should net four starters for our team. ILB, WR, RT, and CB should be addressed. We could get some decent players with those picks.

boy , you act like we are being "stuck with " one of the worst young qbs in the game other then one of the great young ones

i doubt we get a 3rd for helu , more like a 4th

trading down is an option i am open to

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the first two trades but the third one comes with a big *. It's all about value. If we can get an impact player early in the 2nd, then we should.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the first two trades but the third one comes with a big *. It's all about value. If we can get an impact player early in the 2nd, then we should.

I agree. We lack impact players, especially on defense. We have plenty of mediocre players. We don't need more 3-6 round picks that usually result in depth players at best. In the high second round, we can still secure a top flight WR or CB or S or ILB. Keep the pick. Hell, I'd even consider trading up if you can identify the right guy at one of the positions I mentioned above.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We lack impact players, especially on defense. We have plenty of mediocre players. We don't need more 3-6 round picks that usually result in depth players at best. In the high second round, we can still secure a top flight WR or CB or S or ILB. Keep the pick. Hell, I'd even consider trading up if you can identify the right guy at one of the positions I mentioned above.

that 3rd trade is interesting . we could garner an extra 3rd or 4th or maybe a 2nd in 2015

now look riley is a good ILB 4th , we all know about morris in round 6 we picked up reed in round 3 KC in round 4 so there could be value there

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 3rd trade is interesting . we could garner an extra 3rd or 4th or maybe a 2nd in 2015

now look riley is a good ILB 4th , we all know about morris in round 6 we picked up reed in round 3 KC in round 4 so there could be value there

oh, there is no doubt you can get value in the later rounds, but lets be real. for every good player that is picked in rounds 4-7, there are 10 that are picked that never pan out. SO the odds of finding gold in those later rounds is not good. In shanny's first draft, he did a bunch of trade downs, but he had no choice. We didn't even have mediocre players on our team at that point. He had to round out a line up with some younger players. We don't need to do that anymore. As I said earlier, we are flush with mediocre players, they types usually found in the later rounds. IMO, what we need is a few playmakers and they are usually found in rounds 1-3. Clearly, the closer you get to round 1, the better your choices are. I would keep our pick and take the best available player at either S, ILB, CB or WR.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, there is no doubt you can get value in the later rounds, but lets be real. for every good player that is picked in rounds 4-7, there are 10 that are picked that never pan out. SO the odds of finding gold in those later rounds is not good. In shanny's first draft, he did a bunch of trade downs, but he had no choice. We didn't even have mediocre players on our team at that point. He had to round out a line up with some younger players. We don't need to do that anymore. As I said earlier, we are flush with mediocre players, they types usually found in the later rounds. IMO, what we need is a few playmakers and they are usually found in rounds 1-3. Clearly, the closer you get to round 1, the better your choices are. I would keep our pick and take the best available player at either S, ILB, CB or WR.

it would depend on how far you go down and what picks you could get

say for instance we drop down 5 spots and get an extra 3rd ? i would look at that long and hard because you could take 2 of the 3rds and possibly get another 2nd rounder later in the round by trading back up

now trading down to get a slew of mid to late round guys (4-7 ) then perhaps i would pass

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would depend on how far you go down and what picks you could get

say for instance we drop down 5 spots and get an extra 3rd ? i would look at that long and hard because you could take 2 of the 3rds and possibly get another 2nd rounder later in the round by trading back up

now trading down to get a slew of mid to late round guys (4-7 ) then perhaps i would pass

Dropping down 5 slots to get an extra 3 rd pick? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping we can get a 2nd round pick for Cousins now. I would love to have 2 picks early in the 2nd round.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping we can get a 2nd round pick for Cousins now. I would love to have 2 picks early in the 2nd round.

That's gonna be tough, I think. Just don't know that he has enough of a body of work to garner that. If we do, it will be a great deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gonna be tough, I think. Just don't know that he has enough of a body of work to garner that. If we do, it will be a great deal.

Matt Schaub garnered that and he sucked in ATL.
McNabb garnered that and he was old and lazy.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Schaub garnered that and he sucked in ATL.
McNabb garnered that and he was old and lazy.

Exactly and that's why teams might be hesitant in giving us a 2nd rounder for him.