• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tougher matchup last years Saints or this years Packers

charles ponzi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last year we were 3 1/2 point dogs.

This year we are 3 point favorites.

But, I felt much more confident last year.

The thought of an INSUFFERABLE BOWL (Rodgers vs. Carroll) makes me wanna vomit.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not to worried about green bay, because our team is EXTREMELY consistent. yes that's right! For two weeks we looks great, then have the off week consistently. Fortunately Green Bay falls into our 2 weeks of greatness. It's the next week that worries me, but if we can survive the down week we should have no problem in the Superbowl.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Packers are a tougher matchup for the reasons everyone is saying.... Rodgers > Brees. Not just his not turning the ball over, but his ability to run. I can't recall ever seeing Brees take off. Rodgers gets sacked a lot, but his ability to get out of the pocket and make clutch runs usually outweighs that. Our defense has looked really tired the last few games (especially Aldon who I read has played twice as many snaps as last year) so I hope the bye was refreshing enough.

I am not really worried that the Packers already played us this year. That was week 1. That is basically last season. Both are different teams now, for better or worse.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not to worried about green bay, because our team is EXTREMELY consistent. yes that's right! For two weeks we looks great, then have the off week consistently. Fortunately Green Bay falls into our 2 weeks of greatness. It's the next week that worries me, but if we can survive the down week we should have no problem in the Superbowl.

If we break the WWL pattern in the NFCC game, all bets are off for the SuperBowl ;), but I do hope we win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL!!! Well Played Arete!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years Saints was the tougher matchup. I don't think we are as good a team this year though. We've been inconsistent all season and the injuries have come at a bad time.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last years Saints was the tougher matchup. I don't think we are as good a team this year though. We've been inconsistent all season and the injuries have come at a bad time.

I actually think our offense is a bit better right now than last year.

Defense is not as nasty as last year's, but they had a week rest hopefully they are ready to roll.

I'm pretty confident we can beat the Packers in a similar manner as week 1.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Expectations are certainly higher this year. I feel like we haven't been as tough this year. But I still have a good feeling for some reason.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay, due to the fact they got to play a team with Webb at QB that is a hell of a game to gain momentum.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Saints but it's close.

Saints had an a 9 game winning streak going into our game and that offense looked unstoppable at the time. Their defense wasn't completely horrid by the time they played us either.

Green Bay has looked good but they just don't give you that "How are we ever going to stop that offense?" feeling like the Saints did last or even the 2011 version of Green Bay.

If you put the 2011 Saints vs the 2012 Packers on a neutral field I would pick the Saints to win that game.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints, but I also thinkthe 49ers last years team was better as well

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will certainly be a tough game, but I feel the Saints game was a tougher game. They were an offensive juggernaut at the time and it was the first playoff game for this 49er team. Most of the 49ers on this year's team have playoff experience, the Packers have a poor run game, a below average offensive line, and their defense is suspect. Aaron Rodgers is the great equalizer, but I still like our chances.