• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tougher matchup last years Saints or this years Packers

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I say last years Saints. Their offense was slightly better, and they ran the ball better. Last year Graham and Darren Sproles were dynamic and almost unstoppable on offense.

Both defenses are ok, but not spectacular.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the Saints were the hotter team coming in, but I feel like we probably were too? Tough call.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last years Saints. Whitner saved us with that knock out hit that took their rb out. Sproles and Graham were nightmares going into the playoffs.

Packs are one dimensional. Clay Matthews though scares me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say last years Saints. Their offense was slightly better, and they ran the ball better. Last year Graham and Darren Sproles were dynamic and almost unstoppable on offense.

Both defenses are ok, but not spectacular.

The Packers. Rodgers won't make the mistakes that Brees did.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tougher matchup? if both niners squads are healthy, then i'd say the saints because, NO was unreal until they came to our house!!!!!

I've said it before, I liked our defense so much more last year than this year(despite Aldon's rise)... now factor in health or the reality of both squads, GB could be tougher.

I would also say GB is tougher being its the 2nd game of the campaign. Playing the same team 2x is no easy task...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just hope we don't doubt their secondary.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm giving each of them ('11 Saints & '12 Packers) a rating number, I think this year's Pack has the edge.

Now, in terms of who is/was a worse match for the Niners, specifically, it's last year's Saints VS last year's Niners.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we forced brees into those mistakes... :hdn:

Kind of agree with TobyTyler here.

True, we did force Brees into those mistakes but he has shown that he does throw a lot of interceptions. Rodgers on the other hand, does not throw many INTs.

Brees last three seasons INTs: 19, 14, 22

Rodgers last three seasons INTs: 8, 6, 11

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Saints were the hotter team coming in, but I feel like we probably were too? Tough call.

This! Well said - I agree it is a very tough call. All things being equal I would rather face Rodgers & the Packers over Brees & the Saints - But I would rather face them with last years version of the 49ers W/Kap behind center.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say the Packers. They have a stronger Defense than the Saints did last year and our Defense is weaker than we were last year with the injury to Justin Smith. Carlos Rogers is also not playing at the level he was last year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of agree with TobyTyler here.

True, we did force Brees into those mistakes but he has shown that he does throw a lot of interceptions. Rodgers on the other hand, does not throw many INTs.

Brees last three seasons INTs: 19, 14, 22

Rodgers last three seasons INTs: 8, 6, 11

Yep. That is clear and has been his history. It is the key difference between he and Rodgers.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view it less as the opponent and more the year. We were healthier last year and no one expected much from us being an "upstart" team. We were playing with house money. If we lost to NO, people still would have said it was a successful season.

This year we aren't sneaking up on anyone. Also, we are more dinged up. Bigger expectations, the QB switch, kicking questions, having to beat GB a second time....

I vote this year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always confident in the team.

But I was more confident last yr then I am this yr. Due to injuries and some inconsistency on both sides.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always confident in the team.

But I was more confident last yr then I am this yr. Due to injuries and some inconsistency on both sides.

+1

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view it less as the opponent and more the year. We were healthier last year and no one expected much from us being an "upstart" team. We were playing with house money. If we lost to NO, people still would have said it was a successful season.

This year we aren't sneaking up on anyone. Also, we are more dinged up. Bigger expectations, the QB switch, kicking questions, having to beat GB a second time....

I vote this year.

+2

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the outcome of this year's Packers game could be similar to the 1st game of the season.

Last years Saints ran the ball better (w/Nicks still there) and pass protected better.

Packers also don't have any guys on offense that are matchup nightmares, except maybe Cobb? Saints had 2 matchup nightmares in Sproles and Graham and we put our best LBs on them and they still beat us. Graham and Sproles both beat our LBs and safeties in 1 on 1 situations.

Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Finley are not in that category. Neither is Grant or Harris or any of their other RBs.