• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tough sched next year

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We visit the Pats, Saints and Packers, and we host the Lions and Giants.

It's good to see these teams in the regular season because there is a good chance we'll face those NFC teams in the playoffs (assuming we make it).

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We visit the Pats, Saints and Packers, and we host the Lions and Giants.

It's good to see these teams in the regular season because there is a good chance we'll face those NFC teams in the playoffs (assuming we make it).

I've never seen a tougher one. GB, NE, NO and NYJ on the road and NYG and DET at home.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we resign alex, then this next yr will tell us a lot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, REALLLY tough schedule next year... the tough teams are mostly on the road(damnit)... expect NO to go psycho on us for some payback....

GB could be weaker by then but so could we...

tough, can we match 13-3 again? we'll see.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giants win SB then pretty good chance Niners/Giants will be the Thursday opening game on NBC.

But yeah really tough. In addition got the Jets on the road. Bears/Dolphins at home won't be cake either. Plus the West should be better next year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely tougher next year. I think going 13-3 will be difficult. Playing the Saints away will be tough. If the Niners go 12-4 or 11-5 next year, they win the west. I see them losing to the Saints, Packers, and Patriots on the road and a divisional game, probably at Arizona or Seattle. If they lose to the Giants, that will make 5 losses. It will be interesting to see if A. Smith continues to progress with the same OC next year and more familiarity with the offense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to remember. We don't know how these teams will look or play next year. The Patriots played a schedule against division winning opponents from the year before this year and it featured 0 teams that finished the season with a winning record.

Just because those teams were good this year does not mean they won't take a step back next year. That's true for as well, but I think we are in a spot to be better next year. We will get a full offseason with the coaching staff and have a roster full of guys that have tasted success and want more of it.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're going through teams with elite QB's and unless injury strikes them at QB it will be tough.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giants win SB then pretty good chance Niners/Giants will be the Thursday opening game on NBC.

But yeah really tough. In addition got the Jets on the road. Bears/Dolphins at home won't be cake either. Plus the West should be better next year.

That would be awesome but aren't the niners scheduled to be home vs the NFC east winner(NYG)?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, which hurts me so much more, I think we can beat the Pats... i sincerly believe so...... in the superbowl.... there's no WR close to the Giants or Saints w/ the exception of Welker whose play has dropped of late.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no tears.

the first goal remains the same every year, win the West. winning the West obviously starts with beating West foes.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, which hurts me so much more, I think we can beat the Pats... i sincerly believe so...... in the superbowl.... there's no WR close to the Giants or Saints w/ the exception of Welker whose play has dropped of late.

Yeah I'm listening to ESPN radio and Doug Gottlieb seems to be the only guy not drooling over Tom Brady and Eli Manning. He said the better teams are not playing in the Super Bowl, and that both the Patriots and Giants basically backed themselves into the game thanks to a missed a FG and a botched punt. He is the only one that is telling it like it is and not trying to brain wash people into thinking Brady and Manning had an epic postseason run.

Both of those QB's did not play well enough to win their Conference Championship. They just got lucky their opponents played well enough to lose for them.

And that is what hurts the most about this Super Bowl. I probably won't even watch it because no matter who wins it will be hard for me to consider them the champions. I agree with Gottlieb that the 2 better teams will be sitting at home that day.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I'm listening to ESPN radio and Doug Gottlieb seems to be the only guy not drooling over Tom Brady and Eli Manning. He said the better teams are not playing in the Super Bowl, and that both the Patriots and Giants basically backed themselves into the game thanks to a missed a FG and a botched punt. He is the only one that is telling it like it is and not trying to brain wash people into thinking Brady and Manning had an epic postseason run.

Both of those QB's did not play well enough to win their Conference Championship. They just got lucky their opponents played well enough to lose for them.

And that is what hurts the most about this Super Bowl. I probably won't even watch it because no matter who wins it will be hard for me to consider them the champions. I agree with Gottlieb that the 2 better teams will be sitting at home that day.

its like debating if we beat the Saints or they played just bad enough to lose?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its like debating if we beat the Saints or they played just bad enough to lose?

Not really because the Saints fumbles and the picks that Brees threw were due to our defense being aggressive and causing them. Then factor in Alex and Vernon coming up huge in the final minutes and the Saints just got beat.

The Giants did almost nothing to beat us though. They played great on our WR's which is not really saying much. They still let Vernon get open despite trying to double him. They couldn't put together drives and score on us either. I'll give them the 2nd Williams fumble being a great play because they actually caused it by make a nice play running up from behind and stripping the ball out. The first Williams fumble that ultimately gave the Giants their only points of the 2nd half though was giving to them. They did nothing to earn that field position or fumble. They simply took advantage of us handing over the game.

The Ravens had Lee Evans drop a sure TD that would've more than likely won the game for them, and then the Patriots still had to luck out that the kicker missed a tying FG.

Everyone wants to say the Giants and Patriots made the Super Bowl thanks to their elite QB's but the fact is both those QB's were rattled and did not play well enough to win their teams into the Super Bowl. They both benefited from their opponent missing their opportunities more than they created ones for their team.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One Harbaugh loses because of a missed 32yd FG, and another Harbaugh loses because of a made 31yd FG...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really because the Saints fumbles and the picks that Brees threw were due to our defense being aggressive and causing them. Then factor in Alex and Vernon coming up huge in the final minutes and the Saints just got beat.

The Giants did almost nothing to beat us though. They played great on our WR's which is not really saying much. They still let Vernon get open despite trying to double him. They couldn't put together drives and score on us either. I'll give them the 2nd Williams fumble being a great play because they actually caused it by make a nice play running up from behind and stripping the ball out. The first Williams fumble that ultimately gave the Giants their only points of the 2nd half though was giving to them. They did nothing to earn that field position or fumble. They simply took advantage of us handing over the game.
The Ravens had Lee Evans drop a sure TD that would've more than likely won the game for them, and then the Patriots still had to luck out that the kicker missed a tying FG.

Everyone wants to say the Giants and Patriots made the Super Bowl thanks to their elite QB's but the fact is both those QB's were rattled and did not play well enough to win their teams into the Super Bowl. They both benefited from their opponent missing their opportunities more than they created ones for their team.

Well, they did a TD and not a FG and they did go after the ball after it hit, unlike Williams (though I know, who would go after it afterwards if they believed it didn't hit?) - having said that, I've seen times where someone didn't pounce on it when they could have. But that to me, is not enough credit to win the game unless we had scored fewer than the 7 points they got from it.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome but aren't the niners scheduled to be home vs the NFC east winner(NYG)?

Yeah. Forgot the SB winner gets the thursday game at home. Looks like the Packers would be the game then. Now I really don't care who wins the SB.