• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally forgot Jon Baldwin was on this team.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not that I'm expecting him to make it. Seriously though, I remember Chuck Jacobs and Devon Wylie consistently, but just remembered (after about 3 months of forgetting) Baldwin is on the team. Anyone else?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just to build on what I mean...

Has he even been around this offseason? He must have been at OTAs or they would have noted his absence, right? Is he that one WR in the OTA pictures I can't identify? Kind of crazy since like 10 months ago, many were hoping he could add some element. Myself included. Just seems strange to me we haven't even heard a peep, or seen a middle-of-the-offseason fluff piece written somewhere, etc.

Someone tell me to shut up.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There has been talk of moving him to TE this off-season...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers lost on this trade. AJ Jenkins turned out to be better.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
9ers lost on this trade. AJ Jenkins turned out to be better.

The Niners were primarily trying to get rid of Jenkins' contract without cutting him and taking a big dead money hit, so I think that was a win. That said, yes, it appears Jenkins was the better player. It remains to be seen if he's better than Patten and/or Ellington, which is probably the primary question. The fact that KC didn't do more at WR this offseason suggests they may have some faith in AJ, though.

I don't see any way Baldwin stays on the team unless he absolutely explodes in the preseason. Curious that a guy with so much physical talent can just disappear.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really hope Baldwin finds a way to impress and step it up and secure a roster spot. Because he's young and big and fast. Unlikely though.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baldwin makes the team, something really bad has happened in training camp.

Example 1: Niners team plane crashes and Baldwin didn't make the trip because he's nursing injuries.

Example 2: Aldon Smith and the Niners WRs go out for dinner and drinks and they let Aldon drive home. Uh oh....

Example 3: The Niners WR corp all decide to visit Aaron Hernandez in jail and they all get shanked in a prison riot.

I'm not saying any of these scenarios are impossible, just not real probable.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baldwin makes the team, something really bad has happened in training camp.

Example 1: Niners team plane crashes and Baldwin didn't make the trip because he's nursing injuries.

Example 2: Aldon Smith and the Niners WRs go out for dinner and drinks and they let Aldon drive home. Uh oh....

Example 3: The Niners WR corp all decide to visit Aaron Hernandez in jail and they all get shanked in a prison riot.

I'm not saying any of these scenarios are impossible, just not real probable.

Or the 49ers charter plane breaks down at an away preseason game and the 49ers have to fly back to San Fran commercial but they can't since TSA put all the players on a no fly list because they associate with a known terrorist (Aldon Smith). And Balwdin didn't make the trip since he was to be cut and the FO didn't want to risk him getting injured.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be soon. He will get cut.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm expecting him to make it. Seriously though, I remember Chuck Jacobs and Devon Wylie consistently, but just remembered (after about 3 months of forgetting) Baldwin is on the team. Anyone else?
Which Baldwin was he? What movies has he been in? :noidea:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's easy to forget because he is invisible.

Baldwin running a skinny post...

football-field.jpg

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners were primarily trying to get rid of Jenkins' contract without cutting him and taking a big dead money hit, so I think that was a win. That said, yes, it appears Jenkins was the better player. It remains to be seen if he's better than Patten and/or Ellington, which is probably the primary question. The fact that KC didn't do more at WR this offseason suggests they may have some faith in AJ, though.

I don't see any way Baldwin stays on the team unless he absolutely explodes in the preseason. Curious that a guy with so much physical talent can just disappear.

Word from this neck of the woods is that the team, coaches and QB are very high on Jenkins; they expect him to take over they starting role opposite Bowe this season. I for one think he'll fall flat but I wish the kid nothing but the best.

As for Baldwin, I said it from the start that he's straight garbage.