• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOSUshould have gotten in over OK

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND had 10 wins over P5 teams. UCF had 1. No they shouldn't.
Sure they should. Why compete when they did everything asked if them?

Given your reasoning, Ohio State has 11 wins against P5. They also had better wins than ND against two common opponents.

But I know I know, Purdue blah blah blah.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given your reasoning, Ohio State has 11 wins against P5. They also had better wins than ND against two common opponents.

Yes, we should all forget the Purdue game ever happened.

Losses do matter, which hurt OSU, and resume matters, which hurt UCF.

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got it right. Ohio St. shouldn't have gotten blasted by a mediocre Purdue team. Georgia shouldn't have gotten blown out by LSU.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we should all forget the Purdue game ever happened.

Losses do matter, which hurt OSU, and resume matters, which hurt UCF.
Didn’t say don’t forget about it, but it’s so asinine to listen to “you’re only as good as your loss” narrative. Purdue gets mentioned more than a 62-39 win over your 4th ranked rival. Yes it’s a negative remark to your resume but it carries wayyyy more weight than it should.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you shit the bed against Pur Don't, you get what you get.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ND also beat other ranked opponents. Some worse than Clemson beat them. Should OSU be #2 ahead of Clemson?

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma and Ohio State were basically the same team. Both all offense and no defense and played numerous close games against inferior competition.

Oklahoma's only loss was via last second field goal against their rival, and they later avenged that loss. OSU's only loss was by 29 to a Purdue team that wouldn't even be bowl eligible without the OSU win. OSU has the better win, but not enough to overcome the Purdue loss.
Had Ohio St. kept it closer against Purdue, they get in. Like you said, Ohio St. had a far superior win (and it was a blowout against the #1 defense) than Oklahoma.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Ohio St. kept it closer against Purdue, they get in. Like you said, Ohio St. had a far superior win (and it was a blowout against the #1 defense) than Oklahoma.

Agreed, but apparently we're all supposed to forget about the Purdue game and put OSU in anyways. They got screwed, man.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shit the bed and then looked like shit against Nebraska and MSU, then went to OT against Maryland, that went for the win. It was 4weeks of shit that UM couldn't erase

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND also beat other ranked opponents. Some worse than Clemson beat them. Should OSU be #2 ahead of Clemson?

No, I thought #4 would’ve been fitting. I’m more splitting hairs because I hate the system. But like other dude said, going 12-0 and 10 wins against P5 is well qualified. I still contend the Purdue loss carries too much weight but end of the day it’s a loss and every team that made it was deserving. Was just need 8 teams damn it!

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I thought #4 would’ve been fitting. I’m more splitting hairs because I hate the system. But like other dude said, going 12-0 and 10 wins against P5 is well qualified. I still contend the Purdue loss carries too much weight but end of the day it’s a loss and every team that made it was deserving. Was just need 8 teams damn it!
In all honesty, if you saw my mocks, I had OSU ahead of OU. They had their moments too, but they were able to exercise their loss, And it wasn't a 29 pt loss.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, if you saw my mocks, I had OSU ahead of OU. They had their moments too, but they were able to exercise their loss, And it wasn't a 29 pt loss.

Oh yeah, going into CCG weekend I knew OU was going to get the nod if they could avenge their loss. That was the perfect matchup for them. The ESPN rating system was giving us a 70% chance I knew there was still no way.

Hopefully B1G scraps the divisions and puts best two in for the CCG.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, going into CCG weekend I knew OU was going to get the nod if they could avenge their loss. That was the perfect matchup for them. The ESPN rating system was giving us a 70% chance I knew there was still no way.

Hopefully B1G scraps the divisions and puts best two in for the CCG.
Yeah, I moved to Ohio this spring. Was telling the son in law that he needs to root for Texas. He said they didn't need to.......

So you would have played UM back to back without divisions?

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I moved to Ohio this spring. Was telling the son in law that he needs to root for Texas. He said they didn't need to.......

So you would have played UM back to back without divisions?

Welcome. But yeah we would’ve played UM back to back. Would’ve carried more weight than beating NW but then again what would it have really proven to beat them again? But seeing as OU got to play Texas that was huge for them. Think we would’ve had to play Purdue again to of had a chance. But going forward if we erased divisions it gives the B1G better odds in years like this to get a team in.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have an SEC team
An ACC team
A big 12 tean
And a Big East team (ND did pick a conference in basketball and archery)

The best four conferences? Kinda weird IMO.

Is that last one serious? I can’t tell if you are joking or being legitimately clueless.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have an SEC team
An ACC team
A big 12 tean
And a Big East team (ND did pick a conference in basketball and archery)

The best four conferences? Kinda weird IMO.

The ACC is far from one of the best four conferences lolz

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

lol..an Alabama fan riding Clemson's nuts.