• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Los Angeles Kings, 3/13 7:30 PM

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing loss to say the least. Especially since I thought the Kings outplayed the Leafs. They just couldn't bury the chances they had on Reimer and a few mistakes led to the 3 goals against. It was definitely a bad call against Muzzin but the Kings didn't do a very good job of killing off the penalty. That, I think, provided Toronto with the momentum they carried over into the 2nd period.

I think the second Leafs goal Quick would like back. It may have deflected off a Kings defender's stick but it looked like Quick picked it up and just missed it with his glove. The game winner was a complete breakdown by the Kings power play unit. I think everyone just stopped thinking Kopitar couldn't miss the open top of the net. Giving up short-handed 2-on-1 breaks is pretty much a no-no. But I guess we all realized the win streak wouldn't go on forever. On to Saturday and the Ducks.

Ox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many open nets has Kopitar not buried lately?
Frustrating
Yea, bummer. He looks good though, and I like him showing some frustration because a motivated Kopitar is a scary mofo.

The only complaint I would have with him, is to be a little more selfish and decisive. The second open netter he would have had, I think he hesitated and it allowed Reimer to make the save. I just feel like he had been trying to find Gaborik too much, and now that Gaborik has scored, he doesn't need to do that anymore. I mean, pass, of course if it's there, but don't force it as much. Just shoot the puck when you can.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Gaborik on that 3rd goal (The shorthander). He looked really lost and got caught, which lead to the 3rd goal. Kopitar got robbed, and two Kings were caught, but there were two Kings that could have gotten back, and only one did. Gaborik was cruising over Kopitar's shoulder and I think that was never mentioned.

I hope the coaches take a look at that and remind him of his defensive responsibilities because that was obviously a huge play.

Overall, I thought LA looked good, and no real complaints. They just didn't finish their chances and like Ox said, Quick probably should have stopped that second Leafs' goal. Oh well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: Watching NHL Network last night and two things struck me. First off, when did the Sharks catch the Ducks? Tied them in points and the virtual round 1 lock of SJ vs LA is no longer a lock. Maybe it'll be Ducks slipping to #2 (Also Kings need to still make the Playoffs).

Second thing was that they said the Blues are 18-0-2 against the Central Division. Seriously. All of their losses have come outside, which bodes well for the Pacific. Dream situation would be to have them handle Chicago, who have been brutal for LA the past few years. Plus the Blues still haven't shown that they can beat LA. They have Miller now and they are good, but two years in a row losing to LA is still a big obstacle if they had to play the Kings and Quick again.

I don't know, those were just some things that stuck out last night. Blues are #1, but it helps when you are 18-0-2 against your division. haha.