• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

top paid WR's

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
similar to Goldson and Rogers, they'll place a value on him and not move off it. as most already anticipate, odds are Crabtree's number won't even be close to Baalke's?

as is usually the case, this year's draft picks will be huge NEXT season.

:agree: This is a very important class for us. Also last years class is important. We need to get some starters out of last years class. We need Lat to take over for Gore and we need Tank to become something.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:agree: This is a very important class for us. Also last years class is important. We need to get some starters out of last years class. We need Lat to take over for Gore and we need Tank to become something.

yep, every draft class is important. fortunately we have a good roster now, so we'll survive 2012.

for THIS coming season, LAST year's class is depended on more. but this is usually the case every year, we depend on rookies transitioning to 'sophomore' seasons.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, every draft class is important. fortunately we have a good roster now, so we'll survive 2012.

for THIS coming season, LAST year's class is depended on more. but this is usually the case every year, we depend on rookies transitioning to 'sophomore' seasons.

Yup. Seattle is about to make Sherman highest paid CB in the NFL. There goes their Cap.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Seattle is about to make Sherman highest paid CB in the NFL. There goes their Cap.

Considering the plug and play nature of their secondary this seems pretty dumb to me. He's good and all but this would be the equivalent of the early 2000s Broncos throwing a bunch of money at Clinton Portis IMO.

Maybe I just mad bros but its their scheme that frustrates me more than any individual player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the plug and play nature of their secondary this seems pretty dumb to me. He's good and all but this would be the equivalent of the early 2000s Broncos throwing a bunch of money at Clinton Portis IMO.

Maybe I just mad bros but its their scheme that frustrates me more than any individual player.

13 mill a year. DAMN. Plus they have to pay Wilson. The funny thing their #2 and #3 QB makes more then Wilson.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
13 mill a year. DAMN. Plus they have to pay Wilson. The funny thing their #2 and #3 QB makes more then Wilson.

If Sherman gets that, and I'm Michael Bennett, I'm pissed at Sherman. Sherman convinced Bennett not to test the open market, apparently basically begging him to come back for less money. The Sherman turns around and demands that he's the highest paid corner in the league.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman gets that, and I'm Michael Bennett, I'm pissed at Sherman. Sherman convinced Bennett not to test the open market, apparently basically begging him to come back for less money. The Sherman turns around and demands that he's the highest paid corner in the league.
Not going to comment on about some of these WR's paychecks because I feel half are too much for the production level last season. Crabs needs a solid season to know how well he can be..no injuries. I do agree about Sherman for the main reason that his comments after any game are about "Me vs Brady" ,Me vs Crabs ,etc., as if he was the only one playing the game. He is all about him and not his team. The 'Hawks will find this out soon and I think this is why Harbs did a pass on him in the draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree any injury to Crabtree price tag goes down because then it shows he is injury prone. great season he gets 10-11 mill a season solid season 8-9 and injury or bad season 6-7 mill.

Thats my break down. I might be off but I think it seems about right.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he did test the market but there didnt appear to be any teams willing to throw big bucks at him or he might have been gone

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget about Earl Thomas. He also wants to get paid. After 2014, he will only have one more year on his rookie contract.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he re-signed just before FA opened. I could be wrong though.

I don't think so. The Chicago Bears were supposedlly going to offer him approx $8.5 mill per year. Not much more than $8 mill that Seattle eventually gave him. I didn't see reports of any other team willing to throw substantially more money at him than what was offered. I suspect had there been a team willing to spend that kind of money, he would have been gone. The whole costco comment.